I NEED ADVICE

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by NewbieTrucker86, Dec 6, 2017.

1. hoosiergirl

hoosiergirl Light Load Member

May 2, 2017
    Indiana
    Not true. In some states if you are on Workers Conpensation you cannot file a lawsuit.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Wanted to ask.. what is the difference or purpose of a post trip? Inspecting the truck when you stop and then again before moving sounds redundant?

4. TaterWagon#62

TaterWagon#62 Medium Load Member

Oct 15, 2016
    WNY
    The post trip allows you to identify things that need repair before you are getting ready to pull out and hit the road at the start of your shift the next day.

It gives you time to get the soft tire or gouged steer or leaking air bag or burned out light, etc., etc. repaired during your down time so you can get moving at the start of your next shift, not three hours later.

The other day I caught a flat tire on my rig during my Post-Trip. I hadn't noticed anything, it may have gone flat on my empty run back to the barn, because I think I would have noticed something when I was full.

It was fixed while I was off duty and I wasn't standing around at 0430 the next morning trying to figure out how to get it fixed or get another trailer so I could make my pick up time.

It's really a matter of time management. Catch what needs to be fixed when there is time to get it fixed without screwing up your schedule.

TravR1 and Dan.S Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.