I need face masks!

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Just passing by, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    I’ll just say this, I’m not here to go out of my way to lose credibility, but sometimes you just read something that has to do with what’s going on with the current environment and you post about it. Again, I wasn’t claiming that it was some conspiracy just that some test kits had tested positive for the coronavirus. Hell you go to Walmart and buy bananas and probably some of them would test positive too. Probably anything you get anywhere right now. The virus is everywhere. The problem is they don’t know how much of it it takes to infect the average person yet. We probably all been exposed to it many times. For most people it takes a certain viral load to become infected. We don’t know what that is.

Did you see the model of how one cough or one sneeze disperses this virus? They ran a model and a guy on one I’ll coughed and the virus became an aerosol and covered a 200 ft.² radius including two aisles over. At a grocery store. From one cough.

We’re all going to catch this virus sooner or later. I hope everybody realizes that. I’m just holding out until they get better treatment. Once they have better treatment in place I’m probably gonna go out and catch it on purpose so I don’t have to worry about it

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Just passing by and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  4. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
  5. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.

Okay, I believe that you'll do just that. Let us know how it works out for you.

6. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Try Ebay and Etsy.

Just passing by Thanks this.
  7. aaronpeterbilt3787

aaronpeterbilt3787 Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2016
    It just floors me how when one person in a thread posts something that the majority disagree with that he suddenly loses credibility. Supposedly “smart” and “educated” ppl are taking everything mainstream news at face value. I recently spoke with a retired school teacher. So definitely not a dumb person. This person stated that she didn’t believe everything on the news. So I asked, what don’t you believe? Silence. Couldn’t tell me one thing. After watching this stuff for the better part of a month, this person as been unable to form one opinion of her own. That is what I call a sheep.

So when a guy like @Lennythedriver expresses an unpopular opinion, or states an unpopular news source, he’s suddenly lost credibility? Just cuz it’s not fox, cnn, nbc or abc, doesn’t mean it’s not fact or factual. Can someone disagree with it? Of course, that’s your right. But when someone like a forum staff member like @REO6205 makes confrontational comments like, “ I believe you’ll do just that, let us know how it works out for you” that is a form of intimidation. You yourself just skirted the forums own rules about name calling etc. Anyone can tell by the implied tone of your msg that you think he’s an idiot, moron. Use whatever adjective you like. And hence, the poor guy quit replying out of “fear”. This is exact fear mongoring tactic you accused him of. Some may be afraid to call out powers that be, I am not.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  8. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
    I did. They are at the house. Problem is I am keeping away from home in order to protect my husband (weak immune system). I need to find masks on the road...
    I did find bandanas at FlyingJ in Colorado.

G13Tomcat and Flat Earth Trucker Thank this.
  9. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I think this YouTube video, done by a nurse/instructor in Michigan about 3 weeks ago, now with over a million hits sums it up nicely.
    The cross contamination damage by improper use of personal protective devices(gloves and masks) are far worse than not using them at all.
    You cannot depend upon some Walmart customers to keep their pants on, you expect them to keep their masks clean?

not4hire Thanks this.
  10. Chubby Fly

Chubby Fly Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2019
    a face mask is a government gag.

11. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Test kits ARE NOT MASK....

joshuapowell61 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.