I need my arm rest!!

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by Agtrucker, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Agtrucker

Agtrucker Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Finally got my armrest last week. They didn't order the pin/clip that slides into the pipe on the armrest and I assume secures the armrest to the seat. As it is now, I just have a bolt stuck through it to at least hold it on and be somewhat useful. Every so often it may make the ratchet sound but it doesn't lock into any positions, just all the way down or up attm.
    Are there other parts other than this pin/clip that I should be looking into? Clip
    Dealer didn't really any answers when I talked to them today other than to buy a new seat.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MLAVELLE

MLAVELLE Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2018
    New 2018 Cascadias with no armrest on driver left side... Absolutely ridiculous. Leave it to a trucking company - and a truck manufacturer to nickle and dime you out of what should be standard (comfort/safety) equipment. Very irritating. Seriously guys, don't kid yourself... most trucking company execs can't wait for the day when there are no more truck drivers to pay (and no more armrests to buy).

4. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    I have no arm rests either side.
    What do they have to do with safety?
    Nothing, comfort maybe. I found them an annoyance.

5. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    I won't drive a truck that does not have two adjustable armrests. Took the company to task many years ago. They had a bunch of Macks with molded armrest in door which is NFG since if you try and use it you will sit slightly crooked. No big deal unless you are sitting like that for hours. It will contribute to thoracic outlet syndrome and aggravate any disc issues driver may have.
    Properly adjusted armrests set low to keep shoulders at normal walking height reduces pressure on your spine.

6. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    I read a little bit about this TOS. No mention of driving leading to this condition. It seems like it would be an aggravating physical ailment to get.
    Treatable early on with proper exercise.

I just put a new seat in my truck. I don't like either arm rest. I flip them up and leave them up.
    I agree, sitting in our seats the most comfortable will help us tolerate the long hours of driving.
    Good luck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.