I need some confidence

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Matthew, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Smokey and the Bandit and Convoy are truck movies.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Matthew

Matthew Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Elk River, MN
    ohhh. are they good?

4. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Depends on your definition of good. A bit campy, bit cheesy, lots of cool rigs in Convoy and in Smokey and the Bandit. What can you expect from movies made in the 70's/80's

There is also Breaker, Breaker with Chuck Norris.

5. Matthew

Matthew Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Elk River, MN
    not much. haha. I should see it anyways

6. diesel_weasel

diesel_weasel Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Rochester, MN
    Easier said than done kid. You have 4 years of your childhood left. You can't drive interstate anyway till you're 21. Lot's of outfits today won't touch you no matter what till you're 23, 24, 25, due to insurance costs. You want confidence? Join the army or marines. That's what i did after high school. 2 1/2 years for free in germany. Most fun i ever had. Enjoy life know while you can enjoy being a kid yet. I would kill to be 14 again, Knowing What I know now. Listen to us, we KNOW how it is. Wait till you turn 21, 23, whatever, and have some life experience before you decide to marry yourself to a truck or trucking outfit. It isn't just a job, It IS your life. I'm thinking of rejoining the Army if that tells you anything.

7. diesel_weasel

Oct 6, 2008
    Rochester, MN
    Why is there no chance you're getting into the military/

8. Matthew

Matthew Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Elk River, MN
    I don't wanna die. xD

9. Wiseguywireless

Wiseguywireless Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Petoskey, MI
    Statistics prove that you are safer In the military than on the road in a Big Rig. Think about that, you have a greater chance of dying or injury in a Big truck than if you join the Military, and if you go USAF, man you will live forever. LOL

10. He who is called I am

He who is called I am Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Da U P Eh, Michigan

Well if in 4 years when your 18 and robots are driving trucks i think ill keep away from n e road with one on it... thats a scary thought. Robots cant even press hamburger patties correctly all the time. Imagine them on the freeways...YIKES

11. diesel_weasel

Oct 6, 2008
    Rochester, MN
    Whatever you do Matt, don't join the Army as a 88M (truck driver) Then you have double the chance of being killed, even more than an 11B infantryman. Not to mention your army training is next to useless for getting a trucking job in the real world.

Join the army/Navy/A.F./Marines if you don't know what to do. Are you smart? By smart I mean intelligent, not necessarily a nerd who gets good grades. There are many, many militayr jobs with high sign on bonuses that don't involve you getting shot at or dodging land mines on a daily basis. I was in from 1997 to 2000. I was supposedly a diesel mechanic, but due to lack of work or wars at the time i became quite proficient with a lawnmower, Windex, and hedgeclippers. LOL. But Germany was a blast!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.