i need some help

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by wicked1, Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PharmPhail

PharmPhail Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2008
    NC
    They do when they are at fault. This story was nonsense from the get-go.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wicked1

wicked1 Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2009
    farmdale,ohio
    what do you mean by this story was nonsense from the get go.are you referring to my story?????

4. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    You need to be very persistant in applying everywhere... you might try smaller outfits (o/o's needing a codriver) since they are less likely to have a blanket policy against a recent felon. Prime is a possibility... I drive for them and like the company.

A tip... be very open and honest about everything. The criminal record is something that will have all employer's "antennae" up, so even the slightest thing that is unmentioned and becomes a surprise will be a show stopper for you.

I heard a program on Roaddog the other morning... it was one of the very early shows. They did an interview with a woman who does a lot of placement with felons. You might want to contact them, and see if you can get her name...

wicked1 Thanks this.
  5. PharmPhail

PharmPhail Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2008
    NC
    Yes. Specifically your implication that a selective seratonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI, paxil, lexapro, zoloft, celexa, buspar) or benzodiazepine (xanax, ativan, valium) could, through any intended or unintended mechanism, cause you to be violent to another person.

In addition to anxiety, they are prescribed for anger management. In 70% of people, they do practically nothing at all. For the luckier people they are mood stabilizers. You are less affected by your surroundings but not in a way that affects your inhibitions like alcohol. It's like saying you smoked a bowl and then clubbed a nun with a bat. It's just not going to happen. If you had planned to prior to taking the medicine, you'd be much more likely to "put it off" for later and not care.

"Bad reactions" from these drugs are not cognitive, and can't be. It includes things like drowsiness, lack of energy, in some cases rash. There are also no autopilot events like in some cases with sleep medications such as Ambien, night driving and raiding the fridge.

wicked1 Thanks this.
  6. wicked1

wicked1 Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2009
    farmdale,ohio
    thanks iron pony i will look into that....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.