I-Pass vs E-Z Pass

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Redrider, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Redrider

Redrider Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2008
    boonville,nc
    anyone wantin ez pass w/o the hassles involed,try illinois i-pass,works on any e-z pass hwy,go on line and check it out,tho u have to call for big trucks,my advice call early in the mornin and your call will go thro.i got it on love it,with on line mangement the greatest,screww e-z pass

disoba Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jakebrake12

jakebrake12 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2008
    I95
    EZ-Pass in Pa just doubled the transponder fees for cars - not sure about trucks but my car transponders just went from $9 a year to $18 to use the crappy Pa Pike..

4. Redrider

Redrider Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2008
    boonville,nc
    i-pass is 50.00 bucks and u own it with free replacement

5. grimesjm1

grimesjm1 Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Kensington,OH
    you can get an ipass for your car, too, and use it in pa. PA has gone out of control with beating up people for money, i try to avoid that state whenever i can. i-pass was my choice when i shopped ez-pass as well, and i havent had a single problem yet.

6. Mrs T

Mrs T Road Train Member

Aug 5, 2008
    planet earth
    Can anyone help with telling us how to set up either an I Pass or EZ Pass for a company truck? We just moved to IL from WA, so need to figure this out, company does not have transponders except on the left coast, so we are thinking is it possible for hubby to set up his own in a company truck?
    And would the company accept a printed summary from his account instead of paper receipts from each toll?

Thanks if anyone can help with this!

7. marmonman

marmonman Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2009
    central illinois
    I just stopped at a service plaza that had the i-pass signs on 294 went in and came out with a transponder. easy as pie

Mrs T Thanks this.
  8. Mrs T

Mrs T Road Train Member

Aug 5, 2008
    planet earth
    Seriously?

Is it that easy?
    I know you can get the 4 wheeler ones like that, but I didn't expect to be able to get a truck one that way too.
    And can I ask, are you a company driver or an O/O?

9. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    yup just need to take in your bank info for the auto refill part and your truck info. takes about 15min

10. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    I believe i would check with your company to see if they will accept the IPass printout before proceeding.

11. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Sure glad I have'nt had to use those transponders in quite sometime.I've always had an issue with tolls and ripping off the public,especially trks and especially all of the east coast.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.