I picked up my first intermodal!

Discussion in 'Intermodal Trucking Forum' started by timidlady, Feb 18, 2020.

1. 51.50

51.50 Heavy Load Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Salem Oregon
    The companies in charge of dispatching intermodal do not want the expense / extra book keeping etc for every one truck operator. You might start a co op get 20 or more owner operators that are not one flat tire away from bankruptcy and initiate a contract. l'm sure the brokers are as greedy in intermodal as in any other division of trucking.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I pulled 2 containers out of ports in my life. Thats was 2 too many.

stillwurkin and bryan21384 Thank this.
  4. Shawn19

Shawn19 Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I don't think that for all case they require alot trucks i think you can do it with one reason i am saying that the broker i haul for she run it out of her house an before me an my friends came along she only had 2 o.o she has pretty good loads just greedy an pay very very low rate also she has no ideas about owning a truck or about the rail she never been at a rail yard an this is all she does so i know there a way.

5. Transit_lifer

Transit_lifer Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2020
    Hemet, CA
    Eviiiiillll......EEVVVVVIIIILLLLLL!

6. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    We pull around 30,000 containers every year out of the NY/NJ seaport. After years of leasing the same old crappy pier chassis we switched over to, mostly, new Milestones.

Close to 600 chassis and we only have 12 left on bias rubber and they are gone as soon as the contract is up...We have two dozen TRAC refurbs that were re-furbed for the second time and upgraded to LCD lights and Bias tires but still spoked wheels, grease hubs.

Reduced tire costs and not needing to replace the incandescent lights really dropped our maintenance costs enough to justify leasing newer stuff and the operators and drivers are very happy..

7. MTN Boomer

MTN Boomer Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2019

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.