I see a lot ads for frac work in Hobbs, NM.

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Musashi, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Musashi

Musashi Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2017
    I see a lot of ads for frac work in Hobbs, NM.

What's the inside scoop?

Someone told me to stay away from Chalk Mountain... true or false?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big-plans_young-driver

Big-plans_young-driver Bobtail Member

Mar 6, 2018
    I haul sandboxs all over SE NM as a company driver I get paid 25% of all revenue the truck gets. As a driver I average 1k to 1.3k a week with some 2.5k weeks so I'm very satisfied with the pay. Even with that there is a lot of downtime I've only hit my 70 hours once in 4 months. And btw I'm a new driver just got my cal 2 weeks before coming to my current company. All in all lots of good work here. Bad lease roads is the main issue especially if your a o/o I wouldn't want to bring a expensive new truck out here

Musashi Thanks this.
  4. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    Hoo boy those lease roads will jar your teef out lol

5. Big-plans_young-driver

Mar 6, 2018
    Yup I've seen many trucks out here with the grills strapped to the trailer or back of the trucks, most of the time I won't go over 5mph unless it has just been reworked and smoothed out, but that last for only a few days

6. Musashi

Aug 18, 2017
    Thanks for the reply. If you don't mind me asking, who do you work for? Have you heard of other good companies from other drivers?

7. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    There are no good or bad frac sand companies.
    They either have enough work to keep you
    Busy or they don't.

Do you want a good company at 700 bucks a week
    Or a bad company at 1400 bucks a week.
    Find out who's trucks are moving and not sitting
    At the yard or truck stop.
    That's the company you want.

SaintBec Thanks this.
  8. Musashi

Aug 18, 2017
    Good point. But that's kinda what I meant... thanks!

9. Big-plans_young-driver

Mar 6, 2018
    I work for acme truck line. Which is a great company from what I've seen. They just started the sandbox division so its still being worked on. I have a lot of down time its paid, but not as much as if I was running. 70 hos 34 rest. Currently the companies I would recommend would be bolt transport, they do sand box as well but require 2yrs so I can't switch to them as a newbie driver. And they are always running. Then if you want pneumatic the best company pay wise for a company driver is lindig construction out of Johnson tx. They make 1500-2000 on average and can go to 3000 weekly gross to the driver. Driving 2014-16 peterbuilt and kenworth trucks. 70 hos 24 reset Then a company that does both pneumatic and box, is bobuax trucking in odessa tx. Their best extra feature is your put in a mancamp (motel kinda) every night and use the 100 mile exemption so you can run more 70 hos 24 reset and 16 hr days instead of 14

Its good but don't expect much of a life. Luckely most mancamp are quite nice. Providing 2-3 meals a day free plus a recreation area and laundry onsite and cable in the rooms but all this varies from camp to camp. Hope this helps and there are many other good companies to drive for just Google and call around or better yet if your in the area come out to the truck stops and ask drivers what they think about the company they drive for...

Good luck and safe driving

speedyk and Musashi Thank this.
  10. Musashi

Aug 18, 2017
    Thanks!

11. The Crossword Trucker

The Crossword Trucker Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    What is cell service like down there?
    When you are having downtime are you in a day cab sitting at a well with no internet service on your phone?
    That sounds brutal if so.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.