I-Shift problems

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Vanyo, May 8, 2022.

1. Vanyo

Vanyo Bobtail Member

May 8, 2022
    Hi. I tried to find an existing thread mentioning the problem I have without any luck.
    So here is my issue.
    When I put into gear it shows that the truck is in 5th gear however when I go to press the accelerator, nothing happens.. the gas paddle hits the floor. When in neutral it works as it's supposed to.. Only when I switch in gear either drive reverse or manual , truck won't move because the accelerator isn't working. That happened once in the past while I was driving and came to a stop at a traffic light.. I was advised disconnecting the ELD and shutting the engine off . It was running fine after I did that. Now 20k miles later after I parked the truck overnight it happened again. This time no luck with that manuver. Did anyone had experience similar problem?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Another Canadian driver

Another Canadian driver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2021
    ALBERTA
    Check the dashboard when it happens.
    Your transmission mode display should be E-Economy or P=Power.
    If it's L=Limp mode, then you have a transmission fault.
    If you check in the Diagnostic menu, you may find a transmission fault code.
    If it's not there, a Vcads Elite tech tool will catch it for sure.
    Turning the engine OFF will reset the TCU
    and the transmission will start working normally again.
    Are you following so far?

4. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    This usually happnes when the truck sees something is going on with trans systems either clutch actuator or shifting actuator sothing is going on cutting out the gas pedal is a protection mode so no more damage can be done when the problem goes away than everything comes back to normal it will do this until something gives all together than the gas pedal with not come back unless the problem is addressed, hope this helps you should have codes for trans is you can pull codes i can give you a better idea where to look.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.