i-shift replace clutch

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by ah fai, Feb 3, 2013.

1. ah fai

ah fai Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2012
    hello..please help again.

Truck dont run cause acceleration pedal cant works after replace new clutch. No fault codes and already calibrate many times with vcads pro.

thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pablo-UA

Pablo-UA Road Train Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    run clutch calibration procedure with VCADs

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  4. coastrider

coastrider Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Nanaimo,B.C
    Need more info regarding this problem. If all you did was a clutch and you hooked everything bad up correctly, a clutch calibration should work. Did you replace any other parts? Will the engine not accelerate? Reverse and forward gears all the same? Seen some that are slow to engage and its been the clutch actuator that was haywire. Cheers, Ed

5. ah fai

ah fai Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I just remove the transmission and replace clutch only, somebody say is clutch actuator but i already try few unit from other running truck, calibration with vcads pro,

after installation the gearbox,calibrate with vcads pro i can hear some voice like something is moving in the gear selector fork, from the screen look ok, but only engine not accelerate after calibrate....

what is the thickness for the i-shift clutch??

6. ah fai

ah fai Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2012
    here is the result that i get from calibration today

- length of travel of the clutch, calibration data - 24mm
    - clutch wear - 40.9mm
    - clutch engagement point, calibration - 55.2mm
    - Clutch disengage, sensor value - 40.6mm
    - clutch engaged - 64.4mm
    - stroke length - 23.7mm

7. maniaq

maniaq Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2010
    your problem is not your clutch pulling calibration, when not calibrated the engine will not start, if your display show the request gear and the selected gear . maybe a data link issue or brake swith if the brake is not depress no pedal

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  8. ah fai

ah fai Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2012
    IC, means clutch pump, clutch plate and everything ok if i can get calibration done without any fault codes.

what is the difference between manual and i-shift auto clutch ??

9. Exit95truckshop

Exit95truckshop Bobtail Member

Apr 23, 2019
    Same thing to me what should I do

10. HarrodTech

HarrodTech Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Kentucky
    Volvo Trucks North America eMedia Center Step #33 To aid transmission installation, (Bolt on top of clutch valve on side of Tranny) remove the service plug on the clutch control valve assembly and push the piston all the way into the clutch cylinder. While holding the piston in, install the plug and torque. Note: Failure to perform this step will hamper installation. The transmission will be installed under clutch cylinder spring pressure and will fail to freely slide forward into place against the engine mating surface.

You may not have replaced the clutch cylinder but you will have to remove the plug and push cylinder back any time you realse air pressure on the transmission. Good Luck

Newto Trucking Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.