I-shift trouble

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by ah fai, May 13, 2013.

1. Deep Sandhu

Deep Sandhu Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2016
    Hey pablo,help me please got problem with my ishift trying to shift gear but its not engaging gear changes on screen but little arrows in front.Fault code says
    MID 130 PSID 29 FMI7

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Deep Sandhu

Deep Sandhu Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2016

4. ryanbob1

ryanbob1 Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2016
    code

Attached Files:

Shukshik Thanks this.
  5. imghaniff

imghaniff Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2017
    I did the same by replacing the engine crank sensor and engine pressure sensor. I swear companies like TEC here in the west coast told me the entire harness is flooded with oil when in fact when I looked myself, the engine crank pressure sensor was shooting oil! Obviously we replaced that. Also there are air line fittings on the transmission. Be sure they are not leaking by spraying soapy water onto it when the operating air pressure is achieved. If there is an air leak, there wouldn't be enough pneumatic shifting power in filling those sensors and you will get codes in regard of sluggish response. The computer determines that by incorporating position feedback sensors on the cylinders that actuate the shift forks themselves . Remember, the force behind the shifting is the air that goes into the cylinders. Now if there is any other mechanical fault inside that hinders the shifting could also be an issue. Always replace your transmission fluid per manufacturers recommendations especially on these I-Shift units.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  6. Boromak18

Boromak18 Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2018
    Hi i have d13 volvo 2012 i shift
    My problem is when I'm on the road when I'm driving in 11 gear and then on speed 50 it shift in 12 gear my rpm drop on 900 to 1000 rpm and that make the truck to loose power ind start to vibrates.wath can be the problem. Transmition or engine problem

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.