I wanna skateboard

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Lekwid, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Lekwid

Lekwid Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2013
    New Castle, DE
    I live in northern delaware does tmc hire from my area? Always was interested in flats and after some research tmc seems like a good starter flatbed company.

Just about had it with reefer. Always been interested in flats. Im ok with the physical aspect and the challenge of flatbed. All my adult life outside of trucking have had physical construction, warehouse jobs. So no stranger in working in adverse weather. Currently at wretched england 3 months to go until out of contract.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lekwid

Lekwid Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2013
    New Castle, DE
    Also how would my flatbed training go? I'd have 9 months recent exp and 2 years previous(5years ago) with prime all reefer. Will they throw me in with the recent cdl grads or will it go differently if I get hired. Either way im down for whatever. Wanna pull flats so bad I dream about.

TheJrodTest Thanks this.
  4. MidTennTrucker

MidTennTrucker Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Middle Tennessee
    Go to their website and there is a place to put in your zip code. It will tell you if they are hiring in your area.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  5. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Flatbed that hire new cdl drivers in Delaware:
    Pride Transport
    Trekker Logistics
    Gypsum Express
    CT Transportation
    Decker Truck Line
    TMC
    BTC (Builders Transportation Co.)
    Maverick Transportation
    Celadon

Jbond and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  7. Lekwid

Lekwid Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2013
    New Castle, DE
    Thx

8. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    Being a current driver for TMC I can't answer your question. I would call recruiting and talk with them. Any time I'm in that area they would send me to several ports in MD,NJ, or PA which require a TWIC card.

9. GWIZ2260

GWIZ2260 Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Lafayette, IN
    my buddy is a trainer with TMC, lives in Wilmington, DE

10. Lekwid

Lekwid Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2013
    New Castle, DE
    Thx probably doesn't get any closer than that.

11. Buc

Buc Medium Load Member

Nov 17, 2012
    To add...since you're an experienced driver, provided nothing has changed from the way I remember it, you'd do 12 days of orientation with the rest of the greenhorns a.k.a. new hires, but you'd probably only do two to three weeks with a trainer, mostly just flatbed training and learning (inasmuch as you can in that timeframe) the TMC way of doing things.

From where you are, I'd have to guess you'll be in and out of Baltimore like nobody's business. Quiet as is kept, there's some good stuff moving around Jersey. Actually, you're in probably the most ideal area insofar as making decent weekly revenue while still making it home on the weekends (depending on how far off I-95 you are). I mentioned this somewhere else but just about everytime I ran the northeast (I lived in Indiana at the time), I was pulling anywhere from $3400 to nearly $4500 gross revenue easily. At 29% (which is where I was most of my time there), that for me was averaging about $700-$800 take home (deductions vary though depending on state and personal circumstances).

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.