I will not die early!

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by joseph1135, Jan 3, 2014.

1. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    Stay away from processed meats, for that matter many processed foods are unhealthy. Exercise will really make the difference

Bumpy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. plhcp1

plhcp1 Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Central Connecticut
    Follow any diet you like, vegan, vegetarian, fish only, red meat (Ok, animal fat isn't good for you). But… add the cheapest multivitamin to your pills, in case your diet misses something. Probably not needed, but you don't know. Keep it cheap. Store brand only. Take additional Vitamin D - that's what my doctor recommended, and he's the best informed doctor I know. And since I'm a doctor, I know a few. Other supplements - only make money for the manufacturer.

Bumpy Thanks this.
  4. bergy

bergy Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2013

Then why does it taste so darn good? lol.

I like to imagine Heaven to be filled with BBQ, cheese, and salty snacks...

5. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    And eat it forever...Hey!! We're dead!!!:biggrin_2559:

bergy Thanks this.
  6. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    Well bergy since I've read that I've been hungry.:biggrin_25511: Since I have yet another day of "nuttin'" of to the gym I go..HiHo.HiHo..I forgot.Can I say Ho here? Time tells everything,eh?

bergy Thanks this.
  7. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    And God looks like Hank Williams JR...:yes2557:

bergy Thanks this.
  8. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Bumpy, you look pretty good in that pic... :biggrin_25519: Nice to know you are getting in shape, in good health :yes2557: and.... going back on the road...?
    I wish you all the best.:biggrin_25519:

9. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    What is your take on B1 and even testosterone pills? Diet pills? I have talked to many Boyz in the gym (young and old) since 1998 when a product called Hydroxycut became popular and many swear by the product and to a lesser degree clones of this product, of which there are many. I've always thought these things do nothing more than have a placebo effect but then in my weaker moments..I do wonder.

I wholeheartedly agree probably the whole thing is a scam as;have you ever gone to a GNC Nutrition Store and looked at /priced things? Truck Stop pricesX10!! Still..Sometimes I wonder. Not looking for a magic pill or easy way as I know there isn't one..But if there are things to speed up the process..well....:biggrin_255:

10. Ebola Guy

Ebola Guy Heavy Load Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Manitowoc, WI
    Hey, I'm new to this thread but I am working my way down. Was 250 in January, just hit below 240 last week; all that was through portion control. I swear the best thing for me getting a meal/calorie tracking app. Like most of the general trucking public I was going through 2500+ cal a day. I stepped down to 1800 day and so far that's all it's taken. Now that the weather finally has turned for the better, I will get in some exercising in.

I take a daily multivitamin (Centrum), fish oil (huge horse pill), and 10k units vitamin D. I feel better now than I have in ages it seems.

11. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    Hey!! Glad to hear it and Welcome Aboard!! My confession for the day: 3months ago I went in for my 2wice a year V.A. check-up and found out from the blood test they give that I'm borderline Type2 diabetic. Obviously..I want no part of that so trying to shake some weight-so far with no success. :(

In the past I would go on "my diet" which was basically eat 1/2 of what I thought I wanted..Want 2 burgers? Eat one. And so one and so on. Always worked before but not so this time.:( I suppose my metabolism has slowed down due to getting older but:I will get this figured out!! :biggrin_255: But I'm getting self-centered here..Glad it's workin for you!!!!:biggrin_255: Keep it up..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.