I would like my Class A again...

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Myblackout2014, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Cam Roberts

Cam Roberts Road Train Member

May 13, 2018
    Yeah. Those types of places are very very rare my friend. Probably not a soul that lives near one

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Myblackout2014

Myblackout2014 Bobtail Member

May 21, 2016
    Thanks Chinatown. Been looking at Millis and I'm liking many of the things I'm reading & hearing about the company. Thanks again:)

Chinatown Thanks this.
  4. LarryTX

LarryTX Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Plenty of those CDL test truck rental places around, and many of the schools also offer that service, as an aside to their usual training programs.

OP, you have many options other than going through an entire training class again. I'm in the process of getting my class A once again, have just passed the written tests, and am scheduled for driving test in a couple weeks. Then find a company with some type of refresher program. No way I'm going through a full program and the long company committment again.

Good luck to you.

5. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    They can walk, just like I did.

6. Lab work

Lab work Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    Not even a ride in the short bus? Thats cruel.

7. Myblackout2014

Myblackout2014 Bobtail Member

May 21, 2016
    Question: 2 years ago when I went on hometime, i drop t/t off at repair shop for some work & unfortunately Stevens had me sitting for 10 days. Every other day I'd call repair shop they'd say their waiting on Stevens. 10 days no pay!!! And this wasn't the first time the dispatcher did this so I got frustrated and finally quit Stevens after 10 almost 11 months of driving. I cleaned out & left the T/T at that repair shop so my question is if I go thru a private school this time around to get my class A would that "leaving the truck" situation from 2 years ago hinder me from being hired once I get my class A again?

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I doubt it, since it was 2 years ago. After all, you did call and say you are quitting; maybe they didn't write it down.

Myblackout2014 Thanks this.
  9. LarryTX

LarryTX Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2018
    OP...you can get yourself a free DAC report if you want to see if Stevens reported you. Might as well get a copy of your MVR sent out also...that will cost ya, but not much. Best to know if anything is in your records....so you can either contest it, or report it to potential employers.

Lab work and Chinatown Thank this.
  10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  11. Lab work

Lab work Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    Did they disable the cc and jake break while you were at Stevens?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.