I wouldn't join Walmart Driver FB page

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by BackIsSore, Feb 22, 2017.

1. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    ^^^^^ Good one, man!

SHOJim Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Any time someone states that their insurance is high. Or that there are better companies around. It ruffles some of there feathers that's all.

Truth be told a lot of wmt drivers are miserable. And I hope I'm not going over board. But I won't say who or where these things were said. Drivers are sick of there
    wife's spending all there money. And some don't like the cell phone policy. Some are in so much debt they can't afford to miss a day of work. Walmart isn't everything, but to some it's GOD's answer to the trucking industry.

Now some have quit, and others can't wait to retire. But all I can say is they are better than most of your revolving door type companies. But there not the best. As no company can say they hold that title!!!!!

4. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

I thought walmart drivers were supposed to be the best of the best, the one I had monday night proved me wrong. The guy was riding my ### down a two lane road where the speed is 45. I. Bumped it up to 55 to lose him, he stuck with me till the first big hill.

Then I said, "where did he go?"

5. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I too am on Facebook but don't live on on it , I use it for friends and the old cab overs pictures.
    I keep my friends limited to those that are not always posting dumb or offensive stuff and ain't bashful about unfriending anyone that loads it up with dumb #### everyday ...including relatives.
    As for wal mart ...80k a year isn't worth it to me to be babysat , slip seat trucks and be stressed out all the time .

6. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Check out my sis-in-law's page then, zing~! hehehe... j/k.
    I agree with the WM babysitting deal. I "almost" got on with them 6 years ago, b4 I got my current gig, and am SO happy it wasn't "meant to be!" I know a guy actually older than ME that runs a dedicated daycab for them in in PA. The thought of a 65 y/o guy having to call and ask "permission" to enter and where to wait.... nawh!

Crusader66 and bzinger Thank this.
  7. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I would tom but I don't think my girlfriend would approve and I'm not moving to Ohio lol

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  8. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    There was something on ABC News 6 tonight but I can't find it on here, about people entering data into Face Book to see which "angel" icon they are most akin to. THEN, the data-gatherers as they are, can actually black-bawl some people indiscreetly, depending on their answers.
    Then, there's this:

Startup Uses Truck Driver’s Social Media To Predict “Problems With Hiring”

Posted February 10, 2017 by Ashley

[​IMG]
    A Chicago-based startup promises to help trucking companies hire the right drivers in part by using data from a trucker’s social media profiles.

The Enlistics: Trucking platform is designed as a one-stop way for companies to hire drivers, allowing them to apply online and go through traditional background checks automatically.

Enlistics bills itself as a low cost way to reduce driver turnover in part because the company uses social media data to weed out “problems with hiring.”

From the Enlistics website’s “Pilot Program” page:

Enlistics:Trucking predicts job success better than resumes and interviews using social media data. By comparing applicants to known-good and bad truckers, Enlistics can instantly determine whether an applicant is likely to turn over in the next 12 months.

On the Enlistics website’s “How It Works” page, the company asserts that “Social media data lets us find the right fit for your business.” Enlistics seems to argue that drivers willfully misrepresent themselves during job interviews and personality tests: “Job interviews, personality tests, and word associations are all gameable. Applicants act how they want you to see them.

In order to get around this, Enlistics proposes a “Social Solution”: “Everything from “likes” to posts and friends tell us how an applicant will act outside a suit and tie job interview.” This seems to indicate that Enlistics does a deep dive on your social media feed to look for potential trouble.

Enlistics promises that they use an algorithm rather than personal review of a driver’s social media information and that “applicant social media information will be kept completely private and secure so employers will see no personal information.

You can check out the Enlistics site for yourself here.

9. LakeLife80

LakeLife80 Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2016
    Ohio
    Let's see your checks then. I make over 70k home daily, I think 75k to 100k is good money driving, many people with 4 year degrees who spent 100k+ in tuition make less.

kruz1980 Thanks this.
  10. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Unlike others I only share my payroll infor with the IRS and my employer already knows what I'm making.

Yes it's good money for a professional driver. But even the $403 that's being false advertised right now can't bring happiness.

A marine biologist with a masters can spend 100k on loans for school. And only make 38k a year. And that person may have happiness in life. Outside of those pesky calls to repay those loans.

My point was money isn't everything. That's why I wrote the message about wht some wmt drivers are saying, going through, or doing.

Now more money can bring great stress if your crazy enough to get in more debt or other Un smart things. But the title was I wouldn't join Walmart's driver facebook page. And I don't have a Farse Bologna page. So I guess I will go on and dream about k100's and 400 big cam III's or jake brake sounds from a ole 2 stroke detriot!!!!!!

kruz1980, kwk100e, G13Tomcat and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.