I wouldn't join Walmart Driver FB page

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by BackIsSore, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Hotrod81

Hotrod81 Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2016
    There are a few offices that have the cb Radio. I think they are on channel 4 who talk to the otr carriers. On the other hand I haven't been here but a few months. This is a easy job but what makes my blood pressure boil is these senior drivers who think they are better than anyone else. These guys hang around in the break room and the rest of us are working. I've been in trucking my whole life. I can tell this by the short time I've been at Walmart. I do believe they are tired of these senior drivers and the way they operate. In the end Walmart is going to get there freight hauled. They'll just bring in a new generation to do it.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    Crusader66, BackIsSore and x1Heavy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hotrod81

Hotrod81 Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2016
    Type in Walmart driver. It's s closed group be prepared to reapply with Walmart again.

G13Tomcat and BackIsSore Thank this.
  4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. noninetofive

noninetofive Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Hiram Ga
    10-4. I was referring to the private fleet trans offices.

BackIsSore and x1Heavy Thank this.
  6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I dare a puke like that who works for the same company I do for the same money to take that attitude with me. He won't like what I'd have to say.

Crusader66, x1Heavy and bzinger Thank this.
  7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I don't think it's that bad at all. I can certainly live on it.

8. TomOfTx

TomOfTx Road Train Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Friendswood, TX
    There is no Walmart DC in Porter, TX. Closest DC is the grocery DC 7010 in New Caney, TX.

Walmart fleet drivers are not talking to the traffic office. There may be Walmart yard jockeys and outside carriers, but not Walmart fleet drivers. I have no reason to ever talk with the traffic office, nor do I receive any dispatches from them. I deal with AP at the gate and see our people in the transportation office, which is not connected to the main building the traffic office is in. Whomever you hear using vulgar language is not coming from the mouths of Walmart fleet drivers.

9. TurnRight379

TurnRight379 Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2017
    I was wondering this as well, I think they were fleet radios... All I know I know is that they were throwing around the D & the P and they said shut it down or go to the house. Started making drivers go to the back ofthe line.

10. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    It wouldn't matter if they were summoning Samuel Walton on the cb. It's called a citizens band radio. And ppl can say what ever comes to mind. It's not regulated by any agency.

Now I'm not sure about finger booger. I've heard of ppl being arrested for threats but I've also heard of naked pics on there too. So I'm not sure if it's regulated by some over sight. Besides other figaro berarrah attendees

11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I have to ask are you dealing with a breakroom upstairs in a normal walmart DC? Usually there are outside drivers bringing in loads and sometimes while waiting for the delivery to be over and back on the road, they will be upstairs in the WM breakroom.

The language there is not unlike the language I would hear in any truckstop from time to time.

As far as Senority, I think it's wasted energy to be worried about that. The walmart driver has to start somewhere sometime like everyone else. A newbie. I have a little bit of skin in the walmart game because not only I have delivered to and from these walmart DC's around the USA I have also worked in our Searcy Warehouse Arkansas as a temp for a few hours several times when they needed labor to reload store bound trailers with specific quanitieis of this and that from say 12 separate inbound trailers from either another DC or outside haulers who paid by comcheck to deliver the freight.

I did well enough. But I can tell you that I was a outsider to the walmart workers and bosses inside the building. The moment the 4th hour allocated to my labor pay as a temp was up they come right up and kick me out, go home we are finished here. (No you are not finished, look at this trailer and sweep a arm down the 30 or so docks filled with more loads...) yes you are finished here. Scram.

I made sure I would not work in that facility again. If that is the thanks I get for helping them out for money not really worth working for, they can go find someone else to yell at. The last nail in the coffin was my spouse, She worked for walmart for a time and turned out to be a Gold Star Cashier in the location she worked at. What a achievement.

Night after night she spoke of the human trash she has to virtually hold her nose and deal with politely is something worth remembering. Walmart is not a bad place to shop at to buy things cheaper than the independant grocery store here in town but it is not a place you want to work at. The culture there is pretty toxic towards those who think they are somehow special or independant.

I wont pick on them too much. Can live with out it, cannot live with it understand? If it really gets bad, I look forward to buying less food with more money at the independant. They deserve my business.

Crusader66 and bzinger Thank this.
  12. TomOfTx

TomOfTx Road Train Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Friendswood, TX
    Seemed pretty easy to join. I was able to confirm my identity real quick (in under an hour). I have yet to see what has been posted though. I am not a big user of FB.

13. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    I seen one of the mods looking for someone or if they know someone to confirm things. Maybe you had a few pictures of you in your uniform to make it an easy approval.

TomOfTx Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs