I80 Donner summit this weekend

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by Jxdiver, Dec 7, 2022.

1. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    Yeah that might work. Donner was closed while I was coming down the east side that day. All truck traffic westbound was parked on 80 in Reno due to the closure. I suspect Boomtown was busy, but didn’t think of that at the time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    It gets backed up a bit. If there is still some snow on 80 around Verdi just roll closer to Reno. Plenty of out of the way places to duck into. I know easy for me to say since I am up there all the time

4. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    I was part of the last group of trucks down that day. I think some gave up and stayed at the top. It was clear sailing from downtown Reno eastward. I think it took over 6 hours to get over the hill.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

5. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    20221208_131113.jpg
    Some bonehead trucker forgot 'dog paws' out. :rolleyes:

InTooDeep and Oxbow Thank this.
  6. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    Usually it’s not that bad. It’s rare that it does get really bad. Then again my none bad is probably someone’s worst bad lol.
    I’ve been crossing it last 11 years and few years ago I was crossing is twice a day for 5 years.
    Been through it all.
    We do a lot of snow wheeling out on the trails. So I’m thankful for all the white powder we been getting so far.

InTooDeep and Oxbow Thank this.
  7. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    Like you that is my/was my daily playground. I have seen plenty messed up and then just wet. It amazes me still they through the chains up when it isn't snowing and just wet not even cold enough to ice over. But then CalTrans knows everything. We also enjoy off roading in the snow so much better than when it is hot and dusty

Flat Earth Trucker and Oxbow Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted