Identifying, vetting, and onboarding qualified drivers

Discussion in 'Intermodal Trucking Forum' started by psyclone, Apr 1, 2022.

1. psyclone

psyclone Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2022
    Long Beach, CA
    I've searched countless websites, YouTube videos, etc.. with hope I could somehow find a checklist of A to Z on properly starting up our trucking operations without hiring a 3rd party company for this. I know in CA there are PLENTY of rules, regulations, and laws applicable to ensure we're in compliance. Anyone out there feel like sharing a little tutorial or other resources to help me complete this task without spending a fortune on consultants? Thank you

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    OOIDA

CAXPT and baha Thank this.
  4. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    OOIDA, NASTC, or working in the transportation industry as an entry level worker and learn the ropes. Dispatch at a successful small to mid sized company is a good start.

CAXPT Thanks this.
  5. psyclone

psyclone Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2022
    Long Beach, CA
    Thank you both for responding. ;) I've been in and out the transportation industry for years but never had to start a trucking operation from scratch and this has been a daunting task. There are PLENTY of companies out there that offer these services as consultants but I'd really like to keep this in house and take that money to pay drivers more. I'll look into both agencies and hopefully they'll be able to assist. Thanks again.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.