Idiot 4 wheeler

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by JonJon78, Jun 21, 2021.

1. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    Seen this before, such a satisfying scene. I had a lady in a 4 door Buick ride beside me from downtown San Antonio to Temple, Tx around 2007. Pretty similar thing but she wasn't blocking me just rode on side of my cab in left lane passed then jumped back in left lane slowed down to sit on side.

I called the cops three times, they would come out sit in back of me and she saw them come up, passed and drove normal each time never pulled her over. Finally I had to make a sudden exit to lose her, I mean real sudden. Those cops were all useless, Austin, Georgetown, and Temple. As I got off the exit 304, she pulled over on shoulder immediately. Crazy older white lady, anyway I hammered down and went around the industrial area by Wilsonart and got back on.

No she wasn't giving me any show either, just sat there like a moron. I was driving a day cab with a curtain flatbed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Linte_Loco

Linte_Loco Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    2 wrongs don’t make a right. He should have backed off and chilled for a bit. Following distance way too close. Obviously the car was mad at something. They will give up, they always do. Just relax. Gotta be the bigger person sometimes regardless.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  4. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    I had a guy do it for a few miles when not much traffic was around. Don't know if he was drunk or just messing with me but he would match my speed if I went down to 55 or up to 70. That's the most unsafe thing you can do imo

5. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Good!

pull over the idiot

But there is also the need to pull over some trucks too because of their stupidity, especially when they move over to let people merge or make lane changes without taking in account how fast others are going in that lane.

had this happen to me today, moron driver got over without warning to allow someone on US23 when the merge lane is almost a quarter mile long, he didn’t look at all … just saw a car there and got over.

6. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    That's not me, just copied this video from YouTube.

Trucker61016, TheLoadOut and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  7. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Yes definatly one of those situations where backing off couldve helped . but then again the guy is just gonna go further down the road doing stupid #### to everyone. Glad the police got him, usually those types of drivers never get caught

8. Blackjack55

Blackjack55 Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2018
    50 miles? I just pull off the next exit ramp..calm down to defuse the situation

9. CAPTransport

CAPTransport Light Load Member

May 7, 2021
    Fayetteville, NC
    You know this country is going to the toilet when the government thinks they can "mentally #####" whether someone deserves to own a firearm but not a single politician mentions anything about a driver's license that causes way more fatalities than firearms.

10. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    I did have a car ride even with my trailer heading West one evening. I was battling seeing due to the sun being low in the sky. After a couple of miles, it dawned on me they were using my trailer to block the sun. I thought that was pretty clever so I stuck my arm out the window and gave them a thumbs up. Besides riding beside me, they didn't impede me in any way. Like I said, I thought it was clever!
    Another time I was passing another truck. I'd already passed him and was creating a bit of distance in front of him before I pulled back into the right lane. An idiot in a BMW, as soon as there was just enough room, darted into the right lane and was passing me on the right. I did a quick fake swerve to the right as he was coming up on my drives. After he got passed me and darted into the left lane to zip on down the road, he stuck his arm out his window and gave me the one finger salute. I laughed.

11. CAPTransport

CAPTransport Light Load Member

May 7, 2021
    Fayetteville, NC
    I don't get why drivers do that though. You were doing the right thing by giving the guy you're passing more space before getting over. If a car wants to squeeze through so be it. They're going to be going 20mph faster than the both of you. I hate when drivers that want to pass me because they can go 2mph faster cut me off just so a car going faster than both of us can't get by him.

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.