Idle up issue

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by Peluzzo exotic Transport, Feb 8, 2024.

1. Peluzzo exotic Transport

Peluzzo exotic Transport Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2024
    I have a 98 Kenworth T6 hundred my cruise control works while driving and so does my Jake Brake but when resting my foot on the clutch to shift, it does not disengage my Jake Could this be a clutch safety switch issue or are there any other safety switches or relays that could be causing it to not be able to idle up?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    Why do you have the jakes switched on while you're shifting? If you're leaving the switch on between downshifts, the jakes should disengage when you tap the accelerator.

As far as the truck not idling up, make sure the clutch switch is securely mounted and properly adjusted, and that the wiring connector is snug. Do the same thing for the switch on the brake pedal.

4. Peluzzo exotic Transport

Feb 8, 2024
    so I don’t have to flip the switch off. You normally can rest your foot on the clutch pedal and shift so it doesn’t engage

5. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Years ago, there were 3 switches for a jake, the toggle switch, one on the throttle and one on the clutch pedal, all designed to shut off the jake when shifting or accelerating. I think in your case, it's an adjustment on the clutch pedal one.

6. Peluzzo exotic Transport

Feb 8, 2024
    IMG_9836.jpeg I’m going to check into that. Would anyone happen to know where is the one on t600 your instrument cluster light fuse

7. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    Does the clutch disengage the cruise? If so, the clutch switch isn't your problem.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  8. Peluzzo exotic Transport

Feb 8, 2024
    I’ll check on that

9. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    Which is exactly why I told you to check the mounting and the adjustment of the clutch switch. Resting your foot on the clutch is probably wearing the switch out.

But again, that shouldn't be necessary because the throttle should deactivate jake.

Vampire Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.