Idling policy?

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Garlicbread56, Apr 26, 2013.

1. realdesertkickin

realdesertkickin Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Tustoned Arizona
    use paperclip and make a bypass loop, unplug sensor at driveshaft, put in loop...BAM !!

side effects-crazy dash board, no speedo or odometer, unrestricted speed and rpm is fun !!
    No odometer though!!! so use it to kill your auto shut off, not for driving, get in trouble right away at fuel stop or with elog with that odometer not moving

X-Country Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gulf

Gulf Medium Load Member

Jul 12, 2013
    I work for a different company but have a 16 Freightliner Evo and there is no way to beat the idle cut off. The sensor and everything is in the ecm now and must be programmed.
    My APU went out and I spent a week in hotels because I wanted to get home on time. Even with the hotels, it was still cheaper to keep rolling than being stuck in Houston all weekend which is what would have happened. Carrier motherboards are on backorder.

So these companies really need to come up with an override in situations like this. Even at 60 degrees outside and windows down, it gets over 84 in my truck.

I concluded that the only way to beat the idle cut off is to rig a toy, or something, to tap the gas pedal or engine shutdown button every five minutes or less. I went to Walmart and looked for some kind of toy that might accomplish this but didn't find anything. And even then, even then, I wouldn't be surprised if the truck computer would figure out it was tripped every 5 minutes and would shut down. So you might need to program a robot to tap the gas pedal at various intervals like 5 min then 3 min then 4 then 2, etc. to really beat it.

4. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

Set your idle for 100-200 rpms above normal idle?

5. Gulf

Gulf Medium Load Member

Jul 12, 2013
    No. If you have an APU they figure there is no reason to idle unless it's over 90 degrees or under 20. No way to beat it, no sensor to unplug on the newer trucks, brakes , clutch , cruise, whatever, nothing works except rigging something to mimick a human periodically tapping the gas.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.