Idling Policy

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by tacc, Jul 8, 2007.

1. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

All the new trucks at KLLM have inverters and APU's. Of course, my boyfriend got one of the old trucks.:biggrin_25512:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Peeping_Tom

Peeping_Tom Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Sharpsburg, Ga
    the apu's are nice and so is idle air. but with the way things are getting it's gonna get more and more of a challenge to sleep at night. in the n.e. area they are making it illegal to idle and are even trying to stop the apu's.

4. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

Wal Mart, Watkins Shepherd, Prime are some that I know of. Start watching for trucks that have them on them and the company name.

5. tatorsalad

tatorsalad Bobtail Member

Jul 4, 2007
    I don't think there is company out ther that does'nt have an ideling policy

6. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

I believe that if/when they succeed in that nonsense they will begin to experience a shortage of goods. At least I would hope truckers would do that.

7. Peeping_Tom

Peeping_Tom Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Sharpsburg, Ga

and there is gonna be a drastic change in the industry also. more terminals popping up with more day cabs than the traditional sleepers.

8. curtislyn

curtislyn Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Montgomery, AL
    They want the driver's to drive safely but could careless if they are unable to sleep in 100 degree heat.

9. Scorpiodrgn

Scorpiodrgn Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2007
    West Virginia
    i agree with you thier . I idel @ every place i'm loading or unloading even in new jersey new york -n- in ne states so let them say something to me about i have to laugh @ that no ideling law bull i like to see the peeps that made that law sit in a truck for 2 hrs with no ac in summer -n- heat in winter. not going to happen so why should i do it .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.