IDM error DT570

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by eng.moh.4u, Apr 28, 2017.

1. eng.moh.4u

eng.moh.4u Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2017
    My DT 570 engine in 7500 model 2005 Truck, showing errors 422:426 & 451:456 and these are related to Injector Driver Module (IDM)

I am facing a problem in starting hot/cold. The truck not running at 1st cranking and always start at 2nd long time cranking

Is this starting problem related to above errors and how can I fix it?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    IDMs do go bad. Make sure your fuses in the battery box are good and clean. Check the power harness from the batteries up as far as you can follow. Check your relay box under the hood for any corrosion. The IDM is what runs the injectors and will log codes when there are circuit problems. Usually when you see multiple injector codes like this, the module is going bad. Always check the wiring harness first for any rubbed spots or loose connections.

eng.moh.4u Thanks this.
  4. eng.moh.4u

Jan 13, 2017
    So you think this is the cause for starting problem?

5. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    I would clear the codes and retest to see if they come back.

eng.moh.4u Thanks this.
  6. eng.moh.4u

Jan 13, 2017
    Hello Heavyd I bought nexiq tool to diagnosis my truck. Now I clear codes and make a KOEO Injector test.
    the DTC code show 422 & 426. Is that affecting on starting the truck? cause I still have hard starting.

Also I need to clean the engine bay by water, Which items should I cover before cleaning?

7. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    It could cause a hard or no start. If you do the injector test, you should hear all 6 injectors click or buzz. Those codes are for 2 and 6 open coil, so if you do not hear them click or buzz in order, then you need to look further as to why. Normally the injector coil is bad which means you need new injectors.

eng.moh.4u Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.