If CR England is SO BAD! Then Why?

Discussion in 'CR England' started by fawne, Jun 24, 2010.

1. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    So, you are inferring that CR England denies it's employees, and students, the right and privilege of the First Amendment? also I do believe that this is covered under in the Whistle Blower Act, a part of the Surface Transportation Authorization Act (STAA). which is administered by OSHA and is designed to defend employees from employers, also to enable employees some protection from "snitching out" acts of unlawful acts by employers.:biggrin_2558:

Baack and Toro Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    What I am inferring is that here was a poster that was questioning why so much negativity about a co. Then having read such information went to said co and now is saying there are problems and I know why people are complaining, but I am afraid to say anything for fear of losing my job.

At least she has come forth and said there are issues here I can't talk about for fear of losing my job and not come back like some did and talk about how great they are and have others follow along only to find out that the greener grass over there has a septic tank under it.:biggrin_2556:

kickin chicken, otherhalftw and Baack Thank this.
  4. MaximumTexas

MaximumTexas Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2010
    TEXAS
    Good Luck! You are a brave soul...

5. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I'm glad to see you are still posting here. I suggest that you continue to "cover your backside," until you have enough experience with CRE to move on.

Now you are finding out what we were talking about. 'nutherwords, "WE DUN TOLE YA SO!:biggrin_2559: (I know, that was tacky, but then I'm kind of a tacky guy sometimes.):biggrin_25523:

Anyway, I do hope that you can tough it out long enough to get the experience you need to move on to a better company. Remember, as a younger person, a year seems like a very long time. But in the overall concept of a career, a year is just a drop in the bucket.

Good luck, and keep in touch with us here on the forum!

6. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    ...and here I'm still trying to decipher "teenagerese" without developing a grand case of heartburn. :biggrin_25523:

7. Mastertech

Mastertech Staff Leader / Admin Staff Member Administrator

Dec 28, 2007
    3rd Rock From The Sun.
    otherhalftw, Baack and kickin chicken Thank this.
  8. izifaddag

izifaddag Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2010
    I talked about this before. The orientation is awash with people threatening you with firing, they positively are gleeful about it. However I made it through.
    Getting through the training / orientation is only the beginning. Again I have talked about this before. They are watching the way you drive via the computer. You can be fired at any time.

9. izifaddag

izifaddag Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2010
    I believe you!!
    I have seen those jobs myself.
    It is tough getting a CDL and harder to keep it clean and valid. It is worth more than what is paid considering the sacrifice involved.
    There is somebody on one of the other CRE threads that thinks that $950 for 7000 miles is good. I don't want to get into a forum fistfight over this but he is driving down the pay for all truckers by accepting this.
    I take home those numbers without driving team - which is a pain - and without being inconvenienced by sleeping while the truck is moving etc. A truck is too small quarters for 2 people to get along for any length of time.
    Somebody needs to talk about NAFTA and cheap labor coming in from south of the border and undercutting the pay even more. It is enough with companies like CRE forcing team driving and paying peanuts without foreign competition also.
    Here are some solid numbers for comparison.
    3000 miles = $780 # CRE
    2000 miles = $760 # Crete
    That was the situation when I made the jump. It isn't hard to understand. Can you make money at CRE ? Sure you can - for a price!

Good luck to Fawne and now I am going to disconnect fronm these threads because there just isn't anything else I can add about CRE. They are coniving, heartless users and anybody that thinks they are the gateway to riches is sorley mistaken. If you can weasel through and then switch to somewhere else do it otherwise get a job in a fast food place because the money is about the same.

MaximumTexas Thanks this.
  10. spork.man

spork.man Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Here are my observations as never having been employed by CRE:

When I went to school in Utah at Central, I was on several Greyhound buses. By the final leg, the majority of the people on the bus were going to a trucking school. The majority of those going to the trucking schools were going to CRE.

Of the 20 or so people I observed on the bus going to CRE, I saw a total of five at the DMV taking the test. Of those five, two or three passed the test. After talking to a couple of the students at the DMV who went to CRE, most of the people I met on the bus either failed out, were weeded out on background checks or left of their own accord within the first three or four days. Some who left on their own accord were told explicitly when they arrived that they were either being forced to lease a truck or take second seat on a team truck. The leaseholder was responsible for paying the second seat driver. This was contrary to what a lot of people were told by recruiters. Of the people I talked to at the DMV, they were initially given the impression (or told) that they could get a company driver job at the conclusion of training but told something completely different when they arrived.

Take it for what it is worth - heresay. But I don't have any reason to lie and most of the people I met who went there had no reason to lie at that point because they were still in school.

11. MaximumTexas

MaximumTexas Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2010
    TEXAS
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.