If you are a Heartland driver-PLEASE READ!

Discussion in 'Heartland' started by Wheat Light, Nov 5, 2008.

1. NGa mountain man

NGa mountain man Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2009
    dahlonega ga
    How are the miles? Iam making about 850-875 about two weeks out of the month ,and 6 something the other two.I am generally home about every other weekend,but the company I am working for has no ins.,and I have a wife,and a 4 year old,and kind of need it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rob313

rob313 Light Load Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Dearborn,Michigan

Around 2100 to 2300. Some weeks you can break the 2500 mark. I made 850 after taxes last week doing 2400 miles.

4. Pitt

Pitt Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Keep us posted. I live in the Kingsport area and I am thinking about going with them.

5. Pitt

Pitt Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2010
    I would also like to know how many miles you get a week.

6. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    Lets see.
    Most weeks I am around 2200, I plan for around 2100 though.
    The last few weeks have been up and down. I was at 2600 one week, then the holiday so I left home on Tuesday that week but needed service so was down for a day and only got like 1500 miles that week.
    This week I got over 2200, have not added up but I am pretty sure it is there, and almost all of that was in the northeast green mile area.

I have been getting stuck in the northeast regional area allot lately. They are very low on drivers, so once on there board you are stuck for a while.
    Freakin sucks.
    Headed into it again Monday. So probably another week of it. I was pulling 2 loads a day every day this past week, 200-250 miles each. Working out my 14.

BTW. All those miles I said were done while being home weekends.
    I have been home for a restart of more for the past 2 months plus.
    Pissed off my dispatcher and maybe planner also yesterday. They had me delivering 20 miles from the house this morning, so I made plans with my wife.
    Then they tried to get me to reload and head to Maryland for a Sunday morning delivery. I said no. I wanted to go home.
    He said they were in a bind and behind and needed me to move it. I said no again, and that they should not book freight they do not have the drivers to move.
    And if they need more drivers then they need to change some policy's so that they can retain drivers better and get new ones.
    30 min later he took the load off me and got me a pickup for Monday. I will have to see what happens this week.

I plan to offer to stay out next weekend if they have the freight to keep me moving, because I asked for 3 days off the following weekend. And I want to make it 4 days.
    The problem about working weekends for them is that normally it is a waste of time. You do not get more miles. I can get more miles getting a reset every weekend and being able to run my rear off all week on a fresh 70 than I can being back up on my 70 from staying out. It is just how there freight is.
    If I had taken that load I would have run that 350 miles. Sat the rest of Sunday to get a load Monday morning. Used up the rest of my hours Monday, then been backed up on my 70 all next week.

7. dth3545

dth3545 Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2010
    that sounds like the heartland i worked for 6 years ago, to a tee. some things never change.

8. CkChris1973

CkChris1973 Bobtail Member

May 16, 2010
    Hey cromedome, thought i'd drop a line, sitting here at the atlanta terminal waiting until tomorrow so i can get a b service on my truck and hopefully get some miles. take care, hows it going by the way, still treating you fair or what, not to good here, but thats a long story right from the begining....

9. ChromeDome

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I am still here. Had a few low mile weeks there, but ran hard so far this week.
    I am at the Columbus terminal now, dropped up the road after 1630, but I am over due for an A service. So I will get that tomarrow then a load home tomarrow afternoon.
    I have run 2000 miles since monday, and I ran 320 last Sat. So with another 320 to get home it will not be a bad week.

10. CkChris1973

CkChris1973 Bobtail Member

May 16, 2010
    Dang Chrome Dome I was at the columbus term that same day. Just dropped an empty on the yard that I live unloaded at Buffalo NY, not somewhere i wanna go often, and grabbed a relay going to Davenport Fl. Should have came inside I guess. well be safe, i'm sure were going to cross paths sonner or later, I have requested to go system, but not sure if they will let right now. Have to wait and see. Be safe
    Ck.

11. ChromeDome

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I was thinking about leaving so I applied with another company. They called on Monday to check employment lol.
    My dispatcher called me all upset and asking me to stay. He said he would run me like a system driver and get my miles up. So I am giving him the chance. I know I will see no difference this week since it is already screwed up being in the northeast. But I will see how it goes.
    I really do not like swapping company's, and I wanted to talk to my dispatcher before he found out some other way. But he was off last week and it was a really bad week. So I applied.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.