Illegal immigrant truck driver; What?

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Jan 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    This is the same quandry we have in Detroit, Chicago, Los Angeles New York City. Criminals don't follow the law.

SO, how is it a good idea to disarm law abiding citizens?
    Because it makes the weak kneed libs feel good.

passingthru69, sdaniel and tommymonza Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    As far as I am concerned the Trucker hiring on needs to be a American Citizen, and meet all the requirements of same. Plus above and way beyond in terms of Security required by Customs for Canada etc, radioactive, Seaports, rail, etc etc etc etc. Truckers serve America. It is not a place for undocumented or illegals. Period. It has nothing at all to do with feelings or discrimination. Our Truckers need to be the very best we can offer because to be anything less than the best incurs a price, sometimes up to and including a death of a family or a whole city block etc.

So they will deport. Fine. He will make a new life wherever he ends up.

There will be 60 more new hires ready to take his job when they complete orientation in a few days. Without any issues of citizenship.

4. Duurtipoker

Duurtipoker Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Hagerstown, MD
    What evidence? Show me where there has been any kind of consensus that this is true. I've been looking. I see studies from both sides of the argument, and imagine my surprise when the "pro" side says it's true, and the "anti" side says it's not. So, show me the empirical evidence that it is true. Otherwise, this is not a fact as you put it, it's opinion.

Again, show me evidence. The Fort Hood shooter lived in a state that doesn't have partisan registration. Same goes for the WVU shooter. A right wing website posted that James Holmes was a registered democrat, but later retracted the story when they admitted they were looking at the wrong James Holmes. Lanza lived in a predominately democratic state, but there is no evidence he actually voted or leaned left. The fact is, we don't actually know how many of these people voted or what they're political affiliations were. If you have the solid proof, again, please by all means, lets have it. Otherwise another one of your "facts" is not a fact at all.

Agreed on England and Australia. The statistics are there. But you forgot to mention those statistics show a spike, then a reduction back to normal levels. Conveniently. As for your other assertion, again, show me evidence before you call it a fact. Every other jurisdiction? Really? Can't wait for the list of reading you're going to give me to prove this as fact, your statement not mine.

Until Chicago, Los Angeles, New York city and I think Miami are no longer a part of the United States you are not stating facts, you are cherry picking and trying to marginalize the actual facts. Nice try.

Facts? What facts? I see nothing but opinions here. I think you meant to say "Alternative Fact". It's an understandable mistake.

Ed

5. calnca

calnca Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Bella Vista, AR
    The key issue our green card holder is missing is OUR CONSTITUTIONAL right to have weapons....which is a key difference between here and Canada......Canada, a North American, a country established by English speaking people, who NOW have French as their official language......and with the attitudes exhibited by our friendly green card holder.....will soon be similar to France with all the Muslim issues they now have because of their immigration policies over the years......with sections of good old Paris no white man would think of entering......even the local bleeding heart Frenchmen, so spare me about educating me about my Constitutional rights.....which, if you remember, I wore a green uniform defending same

misterG Thanks this.
  6. Duurtipoker

Nov 3, 2016
    Hagerstown, MD

Not once have I said it's not a right granted by the constitution. Not here, not anywhere. It's never been denied, it's never even been brought up. I've never said lets take away all guns. I've never said we should kill the amendment. Am I repeating myself? Yes. Apparently I have to. Some morons just need to see it over and over before they will see the truth in it. So I say again. I have never once said it's not a right nor have I said it should be revoked. Is that enough for you to understand I've never said it wasn't a right and I've never said it should be revoked? Do I need to say it a few more times for you to grasp this?

Christ. I wish those people who put you in that green uniform would have taught you basic english. You seem to have a hard time understanding it.

Ed

7. calnca

calnca Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Bella Vista, AR
    Ha Ha Ha......MY English is just fine thank you, don't have any issues understanding our language, nor speaking it.

You are just so much fun to poke......like most libs you frequently miss the whole point because you are so pressed to get your talking points in.......quit trying to convince me or any other AMERICAN about guns, and how many people get killed every year by guns etc.........it's one of those costs of freedom that we just seem to grasp and understand.........no one LIKES people getting killed, but laws are for honest people.....the majority of gun related deaths in LA, Chicago, DC, East St Louis, Detroit etc are not committed by Life Member NRA people like me....they are committed by criminals who don't care that they live in Chicago or DC "with the strictest" guns laws in the nation......so yes I will keep all my weapons........will carry into malls, restaurants, movies etc..........and IF that day ever comes, when I am in a position to protect even your ##* I will......so quit trying to convince me I and all the others like me are crazed....we are not.

Silver Bear, sdaniel, misterG and 3 others Thank this.
  8. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Exactly. A firearm is simply a tool and is a lot of fun when used responsibly. Mentally unstable people will harm others regardless of whether or not they possess a firearm. Geeze I can spot over a dozen potential weapons laying around my home while sitting on my couch.

Attached Files:

misterG and dngrous_dime Thank this.
  9. Duurtipoker

Nov 3, 2016
    Hagerstown, MD

Well, at least this time you kept your comments on topic. Bravo. Gold star for you.

I'm not really trying to convince anyone of anything. I mention things, people respond with counter points, we debate and discuss, shake hands and go our separate ways after. Or someone else starts the topic and it goes the same. There is no winning here. You understand that right? And you understand this is a discussion board? I mean sure, I guess we could all just look at a thread, say "Yeah, I agree" and then all go home much faster but how boring would life be without differing opinions?

And while we're at it, not everyone "just agrees it's the cost of freedom" or there wouldn't be a debate about it now would there? Oh, by "all" you mean those that agree with you. My bad. I should realize that with you, that's all that matters. You have no interest in differing view points and make that obvious. You are not and can not be a part of any discussion because all you have to say is "WE'RE RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG SO THERE!!!" Without proof of such.

Finally, I'm sorry I even responded to you. I forgot that you were the one who dropped to the lowest possible argument, since yours was failing, and went to the whole "Well leave then if you don't like it" argument. My mistake. It won't be repeated.

Ed

10. Duurtipoker

Nov 3, 2016
    Hagerstown, MD

That tired old argument. Yawn. A nuclear missile is just an object, we should be able to buy them without a waiting period! Stupid huh? It is. It's a dumb ### statement. Just as saying guns don't kill people. Just because an object itself cannot become sentient and harm someone of it's own free will doesn't mean it isn't a dangerous item.

Yes, mentally unstable people will do as they do. I'd personally rather they have to do as they do with a stick than with a firearm that can unload 30 rounds in seconds, or better. But I guess that's just me.

Ed

11. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I wish I could unload a 30 round magazine in seconds. I'd have a ton of fun down at the range.

passingthru69 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.