Illinois CDL Transfer

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Tacosandwings, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Tacosandwings

Tacosandwings Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2018
    Currently in Florida. I drive for Airgas which is only a Class B. I have all endorsments but after a split, the ex and daughter moved to IL. It is complete bs having to start from scratch to transfer in the state of Illinois. Should I downgrade my liscense and go through a school bus company and get my B that way or just cough up the money for a transfer course at one of the local schools??? I need to be in my daughters life as she continues to grow

cybill234 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    There are plenty of schools up here that will give you enough lessons in order to get used to the truck and the landmarks you will you in order to pass the skills section and let you use the Trier truck in order to pass.

I got my class a in 1982, and was highly annoyed that I had to pass all this. But, I went to a school and used their single axle with 48' trailer, which is almost like driving a car compared to a 379 with a 53' trailer. If you have a class b, you should be able to pass the class b with one day of practice.

4. tnevin225

tnevin225 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    Where do live, I work for NFI and they might have something for you and they train also.

5. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    Depending on where they moved to, I would certainly NOT move to Illinois. If possible, I recommend choosing a neighbouring state. The property (and other) taxes are absurd. The state government is horrendous. And don't even get me started on their gun laws and sanctuary B.S.

Bean Jr. and Chinatown Thank this.
  6. Digger130

Digger130 Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Professional truck driving school in Summit Illinois real close to Chicago great school and great teachers good rate if you pay total upfront

7. Digger130

Apr 1, 2018
    Also very flexible schedule

8. Tacosandwings

Jul 8, 2018

I was thinking Indiana but is a 45 min drive everyday to a "good" job in Chicago worth it everyday????? Merriville or Hammond Indiana look like ok places to live

9. Digger130

Apr 1, 2018
    St John Indiana is a really nice town about 30 minutes to south side of Chicago

10. Tacosandwings

Jul 8, 2018
    Will that commute get old???

11. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    Why not find a "good" job in Indiana and get paid to drive to Chicago?

kemosabi49 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.