Illinois Workzone Photo Enforcement

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by WahlbergCasket74, Sep 24, 2020.

1. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    My deer guard partially obstructs my license plate can be seen looking straight on but from cameras mounted above it’s unreadable. No I don’t go around braking the law. But those red light and yellow light cameras can’t get a read on it

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 4mer trucker

4mer trucker Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2015
    It's not just a Decoy, trust me to the tune of $100

4. WahlbergCasket74

WahlbergCasket74 Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2020
    I really need some reassurance here. I read theres a certain threshold that the camera goes off.

If the camera snapped a pic and a ticket follows, does it go to my company or end on my record?

5. racemaxx24

racemaxx24 Heavy Load Member

Jul 4, 2014
    East TN
    The ticket will go to the registered owner of the vehicle, that is if they issue one. If traffic volumes were high it’s anybodies guess who the thing was actually capturing. Then from that point someone has to review and decide it’s it worth mailing the ticket. Obviously in the case of a truck they know it’s extremely unlikely that the registered owner of a CMV is the one operating it. Wouldn’t sweat it in the least. I passed one of those things in MD on 95 one night awhile back and it flashed in my mirror while rolling with traffic. No clue if it was for me or another vehicle around, but nothing ever showed up. Let’s not even get started on those bogus red light cameras, I’ve probably got my own personal photo gallery stored on their servers

Tb0n3 and WahlbergCasket74 Thank this.
  6. 28

28 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Depending on what state you are based there may not be any problems .

Some states don't interact with other states when out of state vehicles are involved.

7. WahlbergCasket74

Sep 24, 2020

I'm in WI. But in a company vehicle

8. 28

28 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2015
    I drove for a company in Tx and blew thru a zone once ... I saw the camera thing

flash directly at my vehicle .... i freaked out ...went back to Tx and one of the guys in the

office told me Illinois and Texas don't reciprocate . .... that was the last I heard of it ... went on

to retire and never heard anything to this day .

9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    No. No. No. It's not my fault.

IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!!!!

Just passing by Thanks this.
  10. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Everyone was doing 90??? Dang.

11. WahlbergCasket74

Sep 24, 2020
    Yeah, first thing I did was talk to my dispatcher when I got back. They said don't sweat it. I took it up with the owner, who said the same thing. I still can't let it go.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.