I'm a flatbedder!

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by gravdigr, Jul 27, 2012.

1. -insert name-

-insert name- ATM squishier

Jul 12, 2012
    SOMEWHERE
    Saw a Elroy Truck Lines driver use a cordless drill and some weird bit to roll his straps... I meant to ask what bit he was using for mine, which has never been used.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Dang right man, I used to be the same way. Now I can work a few hours tarping/strapping then drive. I still get the best sleep ever in my truck compared to my bed at home.

Sad thing is, my bed in the truck is stock from the international factory and my bed at home is a memory foam

Ethan

4. -insert name-

-insert name- ATM squishier

Jul 12, 2012
    SOMEWHERE
    A foam covering will fix that.

DrtyDiesel Thanks this.
  5. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    I know, what I'm saying is the mattress in my truck was more comfortable lol.

If I buy my own truck I plan on getting one of those big rig mattresses

Ethan

6. Clasix1055

Clasix1055 Even when I'm wrong I'm right

Jan 26, 2012
    Toledo, Ohio
    Bags are for master coils ... Saves you about 20 min each end, just cover, strap and roll out.... Every piece of equipment I can purchase to make my job easier I will ...

7. gravdigr

gravdigr Road Train Member

May 2, 2011
    Hollidaysburg, PA
    Yeah I sleep like a baby in my truck....where did that term come from? Anyone who has had a baby will tell you they don't sleep, but I digress....I'm using the stock mattress that was in my truck when I got it and it's more comfortable than the brand new mattress that came in my old pro star. I was thinking about a big rig mattress but until I have problems with the one I have I'm saving my money for a new seat. Someone that drove this truck before I got it must've been huge because that seat is jacked up. The back is loose, the seat slide has play in it, the whole thing rocks back and forth and it slowly loses air to the height adjuster so I constantly have to air it back up. Rather than put time and money into this one or god forbid ask for the shop to fix it I'm just gonna save up for a nice one I found online that is heavier duty and just nicer.

DrtyDiesel Thanks this.
  8. Cab Lizzard

Cab Lizzard Light Load Member

May 16, 2011
    MIA
    Cut off the long end of a allan wrench.
    They work very well the bigger the better.
    Pawn shops have them any size you want cheap.

-insert name- Thanks this.
  9. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Gravdgr,i don't know how old your truck is but the seat manufactures only calculated a 5 year lifespan for a seat.
    Their "logic" is that after 5y ,you might suffer from backproblems.
    I personally change it not according to years but when i notice it starts to develop problems.

10. gravdigr

gravdigr Road Train Member

May 2, 2011
    Hollidaysburg, PA
  11. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    I had a brand new leather Elite seat in the KW I used to drive. The 379 I have now has the stock Pete leather seats. Its the good seat with all the air adjustments but its not near as good as the elite.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.