I'm a flatbedder!

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by gravdigr, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Junkyard Johnney

Junkyard Johnney Light Load Member

May 27, 2012
    Plains,Mt
    Hey gravdigr I am on my second seat in my KW, ran the stock one for about a year couldn't take it anymore. Replaced that one with an Elite, bought that one from Peterbilt on sale for around $800. 5yrs later first of the summer stopped at Freightliner and bought a new Legacy, it has the EXIT feature which is real cool. When you go to leave, flip the button all the air goes out, come back flip the button and it goes back to where you had it set, maybe they all do that now and I am way behind the times but thought it was a handy deal. The Legacy was $1000 after I did some haggling with the guy, they wanted over $1100 and I beat em up on the price, don't be afraid to make and offer on a new part man, it is money in your pocket and it don't cost nothin to ask. What a difference in the work day with a new seat....

MJ1657 and SHC Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Junkyard Johnney

May 27, 2012
    Plains,Mt
    oh ya , when you do put a new one in, get someone to give you a hand moving them in and out of the truck. These babies are friggin heavy man, I did mine by myself never again it is to much. I have no idea what they weigh but for the weight and how awkward they are it is worth it for some help. My truck didn't have an airide pass seat so I moved my old Elite over to that side, make sure and get arm rests on the new one...

4. Short Bus

Short Bus Light Load Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Nashport, Ohio
    Would a cherry picker reach up in there? I'd probably try it!

5. Semi Crazy

Semi Crazy Road Train Member

May 13, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    I like my plain ol' Seats Eldorado with a million miles. I have completely rebuilt it and added back support and gel cushion inside.

I'll keep my thousand dolla, now holla whoa........ whoa......... woot woot!

6. wideload

wideload Heavy Load Member

Sep 1, 2012
    in the granny lane
    i buy the factory seat take outs when guys buy their fancy seats that only last a year or two. i have put many million miles on factory pete and kw seats

7. Junkyard Johnney

May 27, 2012
    Plains,Mt
    Ya, I suppose it would reach in there if you could get beside it just right. Thats a good idea, try it out...

8. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    If you can lift a tarp, you can lift a seat .....

9. Short Bus

Short Bus Light Load Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Nashport, Ohio
    From what I can tell, these seats weigh around 100 pounds.

So take a lumber tarp, lift it to eye-level, and extend your arms all the way out...(to set it in the cab).. Nope, not this guy.. Not when I have tools to work with.

But hey, it's your back! :)

10. wideload

wideload Heavy Load Member

Sep 1, 2012
    in the granny lane
    unbolt the seat from the.base.so you can.pull them seperatly. the weight isnt a problem witout it being so awkward from the size of the seat itself.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.