I'm About To Sign A Contract!!!!! Help!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by notch, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Dewfrogg

Dewfrogg Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Borger, Texas
    The cheapest school I have heard of for your CDL is in Amarillo, Tx. They charge 800 bucks for 3 weeks of training. And if you want to go for another 3 weeks, it's an additional 1200 bucks. Might want to do that instead of training with a company. Sure glad I went to Amarillo.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. schlepper004

schlepper004 Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Grand Rapids, MI
    check with your state and federal agencies....
    in Michigan, we have a department of state govt called Michigan Works, and it has the No Worker Left Behind program, which pays for retraining for unemployed and underemployed workers to get jobs in high demand industries.

(Truck Driving just happens to be one of the most popular options)

Once you jump through their hoops, they pay upto $5000 per year for 2 years for retraining so you get a job. It takes care of the whole ticket for truck driving school.
    and then if you wanna learn something the second year, no problem.

Definately makes me glad I've moved back to Michigan!

4. 73fxe

73fxe Bobtail Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Dorr Mi.
    I looked into the No Worker left behind from Mi. unemployment. If you can jump through their hoops, then wait for 2-3 months until Jennifer (the Gov.)finds time to give them the cash to finance the program your all set. I can't wait so I am taking training from a school in Sparta. I'm paying by the week, approximately $1000 a week and the teacher-owner thinks I can test out at the end of next week. It's all one on one ,I am going from 9A.M. till 12. Some days it's a little later. I do have to find my own job after I get a CDL but it's a lot cheaper than $4500 at W. Mi. Truck Driving School .

5. schlepper004

schlepper004 Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Grand Rapids, MI
    From what my intake worker told me it's currently funded.... although funding does run out periodically, as I understand it. Been jumping through their hoops for the last month, and just have to take a week of STEPS classes (whatever that is) and then I sign contract and get funding for the class. Should take just another 2 weeks (knock on wood) and I'll be in truck driving school

6. Croosbronx Expressway

Croosbronx Expressway Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Bronx, NY
    Notch, read... read... and read some more. Ask questions. Write them down on a piece of paper just in case you forget. There's alot of information online about the trucking business.. Think things over.. Play out scenarios in your head, ask family members questions. In the end your the one who's got to make the choice or decision.

Life is like a long road.. Don't try and figure it out. Find your way on it. Life is the best teacher. It is always teaching us something new and different. Find what works best for you. Only you can make decisions for you based on what you read or see.

Don't be scared of your choices only learn from your mistakes and better them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.