I'm baaaaaack!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Captain Zoom, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Victor_V

Victor_V Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    You'd be happy in Spencer--SpongeBob both last weekend and this. Ugh!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Captain Zoom

Captain Zoom Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I love Spongebob. Wanna see the new movie.

4. Captain Zoom

Oct 29, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Hanging out in my Fruit Of The Looms watching Brave while laundry gets done. Good times.

5. Captain Zoom

Oct 29, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Breakfast in the lobby was interesting; eleven swimsuit models headed to the airport (spent the night here due to problem with their plane--unscheduled stop and this was the only hotel with enough room for all of them) occupied the lobby for coffee and bagels. They were an energetic and chatty bunch on their way to Seattle from Atlanta. Calendar shoot. Didn't ask who they work for. They were pretty friendly, perhaps because I kept my phone in my pocket and didn't ask for a photo op. When their driver showed they moved with military alacrity and discipline, eleven ladies and two hundred seventy five pieces of luggage in the little bus in about six seconds.

My brush with glamour was brief. And I have it on good authority that I'm a "cutie."

ampm wayne Thanks this.
  6. RickyDickyDo

RickyDickyDo Heavy Load Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Loveland, Colorado
    Did you get make up tips?

Tennesseahawk Thanks this.
  7. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    You weren't still in your Fruit Of The Looms were you?:biggrin_2555:

8. Captain Zoom

Oct 29, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    No beauty tips (I don't need any) and if I were in them tighty whities I seriously doubt those lovely ladies would have been so friendly.

9. Captain Zoom

Oct 29, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I-69 north of Indianapolis is ATROCIOUS!!! It is absolutely scandalous how dangerous that stretch of highway is tonight. I averaged about 40mph from Chicago to Lebanon and my trip plan is completely spooched. I'm tracking about an hour late if I'm lucky. We'll see what that highway looks like in the morning.

Couldn't help noticing that although i did not see a single salt shaker on the southbound side, I counted 8 (EIGHT!) on the northbound side. Guess some legislator wanted to make sure they made it home safe tonight.

Anger....

OONewbie Thanks this.
  10. OONewbie

OONewbie Light Load Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Charlotte,NC
    Cpt. Zoom , glad to hear your back on the road, I don't envy you right now though , I ran that lane/corridor last 2 winters and it's a nasty strip without a doubt. I swear you'd think the cars have never seen snow or ice before. There were more cars and trucks off the road then there were on... Either way, be safe and welcome back

double yellow and Captain Zoom Thank this.
  11. volvo244t

volvo244t Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    Sounds like it's a GOOD thing my truck broke down (pouring and I do mean POURING DEF all over the ground) at the shipper last night. I would have been enroute to Atlanta, down US 31.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.