I'm blind in one eye need help.

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by firemanbill, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest

It tickles me that you're attempting to insult me by insinuating the word crass is some obscure, seldom used word that's only known by people with an advanced vocabulary. You seem rather proud of your proposed idea that you don't possess a developed vocabulary. I'm happy for your joy in your self-defined illiteracy.

Rerun8963 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest

A. Injun didn't say "digging your own grave". You and you alone added the grave part.

B. So you expressed your opinion, that's awesome. Now we've expressed ours about you. That too is awesome.

C. Injun never posted a word about you being banned. That again is your own thought.

D. I personally think you're an attention seeker. Therefore, you'll get no more attention from me.

trucker_101 and Rerun8963 Thank this.
  4. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    The word "Arrogance" comes to mind.

Bill, I found your answer. Yes you can drive! :)

You can apply for an intrastate waiver. You can drive commercially with in your state's borders is the limitations.
    Good Luck!

5. GoneButNotForgotten

GoneButNotForgotten Heavy Load Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Roxboro, N.C.
    I just don't see why all is mess is being posted this way. Having the luxury of being able to sit back and read all these post after the snowball fight is over, it seems kind of crazy. No doubt U4AE was very blunt in his original post and there was an appearance that he was laughing over the disability. When challenged, he apologized several times. I understood once he clarified his post that no matter the outcome of a medical report on an individual, he in his opinion believes that a CDL-A holder needs vision from both eyes. I feel the same way about the drivers that get winded walking 50 feet across the TS parking lot. They can still get a medical card, but I am still concerned about their overall state of health. But that is just my opinion. And yes, many make fun of those individuals that can't handle the short stroll.
    To keep bashing on U4EA seems to be accomplish nothing. I hope that the OP was able to get the advice they were seeking.
    Good job on your research and findings Condo.

U4EA and TheHealthyDriver Thank this.
  6. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    One thing about forums is someone's attitude or tone can easily be mistaken. I know, I do it all the time. One has to chose his words carefully.

7. firemanbill

firemanbill Bobtail Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Vancouver, wa
    I want to thank everyone who has stood up for me and has tried to help. I have found out that I can get a Vision waiver for driving cross country. All I have to do is get it signed off by my eye Dr and send it to FMCSA in Washington D.C. and I should get approved within 30 days. I know for a fact i will be see everyone out there on the road and hope to meet everyone who stood up for me. Thanks again. Bill

8. U4EA

U4EA Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2009
    First of all - I was being sarcastic; you were the one who dedicated a single post to defining crass, it's grammatical variations etc, as if crass was an uber-intellectual word.

Also, YOU ARE insinuating by this post that I am uneducated and illiterate - no es bueno; please do not insult my intelligence, you have no idea as to my educational level - I'm from Boston, born in Cambridge (that's right, Harvard and MIT LMAO) - one of the intellectual hubs of the country LMFAO <---- sarcasm!!!! If you want to insult my intelligence, atleast be able to prove you are smarter than me.

If you want to battle it out in trivia or a math drill I'm down - ROTFLMFAO!!!!

Oh OK, what did Injun mean by the phrase "keep it up, your digging....."? Digging my own underground railroad? Digging my way to China? LMFAO - you didn't write the post, so don't assume what Injun was trying to convey.

Thank you! I ADMIT, my post may seem to have been written in poor taste - poor phrasing and word choice. I would never make fun of anyone's disability - HOWEVER, I am entitled to my own opinion/beliefs regarding someone's being "deemed fit" to drive a CMV; as I'm sure you all know, driving a semi is not like driving a Honda Accord.

Too many Liberals and too much "political correctness" these days. My grandfather, who is alive and 95 years old, tried joining the military during WWI and was ruled "physically unfit" because he broke his hand in a motorcycle crash, and SUPPOSEDLY, his "trigger finger" had healed improperly - deeming him "physically unfit" to serve. Fine - it is what it is, no lawsuits, etc....

I thought the military took anyone, especially back then! LMAO!!! No disrespect to veterans, it was a sarcastic statement, and I truely appreciate your sacrifices.

Today, people are afraid to say such things or "classify" people in such a way - UNTIL, the "blind in one eye driver" squishes someone's relative waiting on the corner, while the truck takes a right turn. Then the "outraged" families are interviewed on the 5pm news, lawyer statements, etc....EVERYONE IS FOR HELPING UNTIL IT EFFECTS THEM or their FAMILIES; then it's, "he shouldn't have even been driving", "who deemed him safe to drive"?

My point is simple - close your right eye while taking a right turn in Boston or NYC.

9. lowest pete

lowest pete Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2009
    The Badger
    Does anyone know where this information is located? I'm kind of in the same boat. Thanks.

10. Twilight Flyer

Twilight Flyer Heavy Load Member

Jun 4, 2009
    The Batcave
    Wow...slow day at the office?

I'm not sure U4EA has any butt left...looks to be thoroughly chewed off.

I don't agree with the phrasing of the guy's original comments, either, but he has apologized numerous times and clarified his intention, as well - apologies and clarifications that have been pointedly ignored in favor of taking another bit out of his butt, I will point out.

So, what more does he need to do? I ask because I'm taking notes for when I say something flippant and the thread reverts to a shark feeding frenzy.

Lighten up a little, people. Save the frenzy for people that deserve it. U4EA handled his faux pas with class - admission, apology, clarification. Too many people don't take the time to do that.

---

EDITED TO ADD!

Whoops, just saw that postings were back several months ago. I ADMIT it, I screwed up! I APOLOGIZE for my part in dragging up an old thread! But let me CLARIFY...

Aw, screw it. Thank Heaven's it's Friday! Oh, and the world ends tomorrow. Do you know where you underwear is?

U4EA and TheHealthyDriver Thank this.
  11. lewisk1213

lewisk1213 Bobtail Member

May 19, 2013
    chicago,il
    Actually U4Ea IF YOU DO SOME RESEARCH....It is alot easier to become a licensed commercial pilot with one eye than just getting a CDL.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.