I'm considering Averitt is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by Jay_da_trucker, May 19, 2014.

1. Jay_da_trucker

Jay_da_trucker Bobtail Member

May 18, 2014
    Mississippi
    Ok thanks im pretty sure it's a good . I also wanna ask you does your hair to be cut along with being cleaned shaved if so i don't mind cutting my hair just was curious

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    Hair cannot be below the shoulders, if I remember correctly. I was told that during my Skype interview. Along with clean shaven, and no visible tattoos.

but I would assume, the neater the appearance, the better off you would be.

4. Jay_da_trucker

May 18, 2014
    Mississippi
    Thanks nuke it shouldn't be a problem i wear my hair in a ponytail and i can keep my hair above my shoulders

5. Flareblitz

Flareblitz Medium Load Member

Jul 22, 2013
    Indianapolis
    So if they do call me and i get a skype interview it would probably be a good idea to wear my interview clothes?

6. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    Yes, but you don't have to be clean shaven for it. The person doing that interview is only going through the questions that (for the most part) you answered already when you applied. But there will also be opinionated questions that only you can answer.

Flareblitz Thanks this.
  7. Flareblitz

Flareblitz Medium Load Member

Jul 22, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Well, considering that I am female, being clean shaven PROBABLY won't be an issue. :p

8. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    OH! LOL Sorry 'bout that. (Take foot out of mouth right about now...)

Flareblitz Thanks this.
  9. Jay_da_trucker

May 18, 2014
    Mississippi
    I keep noticing drivers saying their average miles per week is between 1800-2000 i don't think i can manage with that so i might be headed to tyson foods as they start students off at .39cpm and a average of 2600 miles a week goodluck to those who are going to averitt

10. Bass Ackwards Bo

Bass Ackwards Bo Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Jacksonville, Florida
    I'd be VERY interested in hearing more about Averitt.....I'm in Jacksonville, FL, and heading back to school in just a week or so. I originally went to school right as I retired from the USN in 2008, but never used it...instead I went back to working on base. That's over now, so I reinstated my CDL-A and even got my tanker endorsement....but since I never drove, no one right now is interested....so back to school I go. I don't mind doing OTR or Regional, just wanted to try to stay local, for better home time.
    I'd love to hear from anyone who has good knowledge on companies in Jax area!
    Thanks!!

11. MUSTANGGT

MUSTANGGT Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Georgia
    There has been a recent change in the dress code and neatly trimmed beards are now allowed.

Bass Ackwards Bo Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.