I'm Done

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by PumpkinNuts, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Heavy Load Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Cape Ann, Massachusetts
    This very likely could be a blessing in disguise for you.
    Because you won't be a virtual prisoner sentenced to sitting in a truck for 10 or more hours per day, maybe you can find the time to exercise on a regular basis, along with the possibility for a much better diet than the one that accompanies the trucker lifestyle.

DRAGON64, Express12$ and PumpkinNuts Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tropsnart

Tropsnart Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Pavilion New York
    Check out the keto diet.

otterinthewater and PumpkinNuts Thank this.
  4. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Years ago I read an article in one of the more far-out health magazines; it was about a study that had been done on lab rats or mice where they let them eat whatever they wanted, sugary stuff, junk food, and some good food, they could choose. But only for a limited time span every day. In that study, a 6-10 hour food availability window kept them healthy no matter the diet. Rest of the day no food available, but water of course.

A better diet and a shorter window were better yet. The optimum was 6 hours of food availability per 24 hour period. During that time they could eat as much as they wanted and anything they wanted, remained relatively healthy compared to controls with normal feeding.

Recently I saw an article where they now say the same idea works on humans. But since I read that first article I've mostly been doing that diet schedule, and highly recommend it. It doesn't require anything special from a natural foods store, pick any 6-8 hours and fill up all you want, then stop. After a few days everything lines up, including coming out the other end on schedule and nicely packaged.

If I eat outside of that period I feel less clear and energetic, and out of sorts. It's like what Buddhists were already doing for thousands of years, they don't eat an evening meal.

At first there's a growly feeling at bedtime that's a little uncomfortable, but after a couple of nights of much better sleep its a small issue.

The science of it is that the 16 hour or more break is like a mini-fast every day, allowing the body to regenerate instead of spending energy digesting surplus. Undereaters outlive overeaters in general.

Radman and PumpkinNuts Thank this.
  5. PumpkinNuts

PumpkinNuts Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2018
    Thanks for the great info and kind words everyone. It means more than you know.

The most difficult decision now is what to do for employment. I have some friends wanting me to work with them in a CNC shop. After being my own boss and the truck as my office, I don't think I'd be happy. To be honest, I'd rather let someone tap dance on my nuts than be trapped in a building with no windows.

I've thought about buying a decent sized tractor or a skid steer. It seems that market is saturated around here though. Most people need dozer work, but holy smokes, the price of a small dozer is retarded. Plus I have no time on one. I have about 2 years as a welder. Maybe I could reconfigure the truck into mobile weld repair? I don't know, I'm still researching though.

6. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    You start making welding wages and you'll wonder why you ever thought trucking was a good idea.

Ruthless, Tropsnart and PumpkinNuts Thank this.
  7. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Bouncer at a strip club or bartender.

PumpkinNuts Thanks this.
  8. PumpkinNuts

PumpkinNuts Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2018
    LMAO!!! I'd be looking at boobs all day/night. That doesn't sound too bad, the more I think about it.:D

Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. Express12$

Express12$ Medium Load Member

Mar 11, 2017
    This is exactly a smart way to do it .

PumpkinNuts Thanks this.
  10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Some cruise ships hire guys to dance with the blue haired ladies onboard. The guys cruise for free and are on salary by the cruise lines. I read several articles about that.

PumpkinNuts Thanks this.
  11. Express12$

Express12$ Medium Load Member

Mar 11, 2017
    You can hire driver for the truck, sit back and enjoy enjoy revenue

PumpkinNuts Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.