I'm going to quit swift

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by USA_forever, Apr 16, 2016.

1. USA_forever

USA_forever Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2016
    Platinum for a very long time. I gave 110% to the job.

First they take the manual truck and force me to use an automatic truck. It has road sensors and a buzzer sound that buzzes every time I go over a line or switch lane without using signal. The sensor also activates the tractor and trailer breaks when it thinks the shadow of an overpass is an obstacle that I'm going to hit. It freaks me out when it breaks because that's not safe. Only way to override is to always hold the pedal down when I am close to cars, bridges, streets, Overpasses, or when trucks and cars cut me off.

It's very stressful to always worry about those sensors 12-14 hours a day.

Now they put a camera in the truck. I told them I wasn't happy about it but they told me I had no choice.

Psychocaligally this is very stressful. I feel like I'm being survailed. The camera has a green light that's always on and it blinks sometimes. They told me it's not recording anything until an event happens but technically I know it's recording all the time because it's always saving 20 seconds of video for when an event happens.

Three times I caused an event in a day because the truck braked by itself when a truck cut me off. I forgot to hold the pedal down so that it wouldn't. DM is now on my ### about it. The other event is when I was driving and the wind kept pushing my empty trailer and I rode on the rumble strips. The other event is when I had to break for a stop light. I was eating a McDonald's sandwich then and I got recorded doing that now they are really giving me no privacy. I never crashed or arrived or picked up late. I can't take this anymore. The last thing I need is for this company to fire me for eating my breakfast because of trying to do my best to be on time by sleeping at a customer. I also don't want my DAC ruined because of these videos!! Im not going to let them ruin my chances. Don't work for them!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    You can do better

Friday, Milkman719, sevenmph and 5 others Thank this.
  4. dt6463

dt6463 Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2014
    nobody worth a crap would STAY at Swift more than 1yr.

5. Guitar Man

Guitar Man Medium Load Member

Sep 29, 2006
    State Of Confusion
    What he said.

CrappieJunkie Thanks this.
  6. realdesertkickin

realdesertkickin Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Tustoned Arizona
    Wow!! Unreal....that brake system would be so scary..have to have a 6pack of underware onboard..
    I couldnt do what your doing...I wouldnt

7. MagicTaters

MagicTaters Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2016
    My company just got some new otr trucks equipped with those "safety" features.
    I was so lucky that just as they got them all buttoned up and ready to hit the road my daycab took a dump so I had one for a Friday.

The buzzer for the lanes, sounded like a zipper and cut out the radio.
    Most fun five miles of my life going through construction where they had laid out temp lanes but not pulled up the lines from the old one.
    Zzzzzzz....on and on....if I wasn't completely nuts already that sealed it.

Good luck on the search USA, I'm sure you can find something better!

trucking for family Thanks this.
  8. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    MagicTaters???? Ha ha ha ha. How in the Hell did you think up that name!

And to the OP. Time to move on. I couldn't work like that either.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  9. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    I drove for Shaffer, part of Crete, had that breaking system. Never once did it trip on me. With ours the onguard only worked when cruise control was set. I never used the cruise control so I didnt worry about it.

10. rpcrown

rpcrown Light Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    NY, NY
    You have 250.000 jobs in the industry to choose from.
    Quit. Swiftly.

11. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Yeah! Quit soon, that doesn't sound good at all

Lone Ranger 13 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.