I'm going with Swift!!!

Discussion in 'Swift' started by OpenRoadGuy, Aug 13, 2010.

1. wulfman75

wulfman75 Road Train Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
    Wedge, whatever you do, don't take that route SWIFT gave ORG, we'd have to go looking for both of ya. :biggrin_25525::biggrin_2559:

Wedge Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wedge

Wedge Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Griffin, Georgia
    Maybe I can track that boy down. Assuming, of course, he didn't bag the trucking career altogether.

4. rayodeluz

rayodeluz Heavy Load Member

Jun 2, 2010
    I'd be surprised if ORG bagged the trucking after only a few months, but given the high washout rate of rookie drivers (I've herard about 80%) I wouldn't be shocked. It got me wondering though, does anyone know at what point on average during the first year do new drivers quit the profession?

Wedge Thanks this.
  5. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    The first 90 days gets rid of close to 75% of noobies !!!

6. Wanna drive

Wanna drive Light Load Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Lancaster, Ky
    That's alot and fast! Think it's because alot just jump in with "NO" idea of what it's like?

7. AZS

AZS Honk if anything falls off

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX, AZ
    Probably the majority is people underestimating how much they will miss home/family.

8. wulfman75

wulfman75 Road Train Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
    Mixture of both I'm sure.

9. Wedge

Wedge Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Griffin, Georgia
    Don't be too surprised. Remember, he's got a young family and they relocated to CO. A whole new world as far as he's concerned. If memory serves his wife's family lives there as well. It's very possible he could have just woken up one morning and said "What am I doing out here!" and quit. He could have been offered a job for all we know.

I'd like to think he's going to just show up one day and start posting. Only time will tell.

rayodeluz Thanks this.
  10. halfburn

halfburn Medium Load Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Jasper AL
    I would have quit at the three week mark except I got a dedicated local spot because of where I lived. I wish I had quit at that point.

Wedge and rayodeluz Thank this.
  11. rayodeluz

rayodeluz Heavy Load Member

Jun 2, 2010
    I get the impression that not only does a trucker need to be cut out for the job and lifestyle, but so does the trucker's family. I've spoken with some female friends who absolutely ended up hating it when their husbands/boyfriends tried their hand at trucking, and it ended up putting tremendous pressure on the relationship. A very bad scenario for ORG would be if he's finding that trucking is "in his blood," but his family can't stand it. Hopefully he and they can hack it for a year and then he can go local, which was his stated intention.

Wedge Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.