I'm going with Swift!!!

Discussion in 'Swift' started by OpenRoadGuy, Aug 13, 2010.

1. bmhj1705

bmhj1705 Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2011
    well im heading to swift on the 13th in fontana ca hope all goes good with training and all

inkeper Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sammycat

sammycat "Oldest Hijackerette"

Apr 11, 2010
    Rochester, NY

welcome to TTR bmhj1705 and congrats!

You pulled up and old thead....too bad we never did find out what happened to Openroadguy......

Best of luck to you!

4. rayodeluz

rayodeluz Heavy Load Member

Jun 2, 2010
    I was actually just thinking that Dec. 10 will be the one year anniversary of ORG's last post. And welcome bmkj!

sammycat Thanks this.
  5. Spacecoast

Spacecoast Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Palm Bay, Fl
    Hard to believe it's almost been a year...

6. sammycat

sammycat "Oldest Hijackerette"

Apr 11, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    you have that right...........seems like just a short while ago.

wow time flies...........:biggrin_2554:

7. BigBusMan

BigBusMan Light Load Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Battle Creek, MI
    Ive been trying to find the thread from oldnewbiegonnabe i hear talk about, but cant find it..Im interested cause I heard he was a bus driver (as i am now) before going on and he asked a lot of questions (which im interested in)..can someone point me to the thread?

8. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    BBman,
    He changed his online name to Justsonny. Enter that as the search term above and you should find what you are looking for. His questions were hugely helpful to me when i was doing my research.
    Frank

BigBusMan Thanks this.
  9. BigBusMan

BigBusMan Light Load Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Battle Creek, MI
    cool, that helped a lot..and i read all the openroad guy stuff too..wierd he just dissapeared.

10. Moe Rhonic

Moe Rhonic Light Load Member

May 3, 2012
    Des Plaines, Il
    Man, how anticlimactic...hate to see it end this way. I know I came into that first thread way after the fact, but it had kept me riveted, and even now, with this thread, I'm coming in way after the fact, I don't suppose anyone has heard anything in all this intervening time?

11. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    Not a word Moe.
    Not even a sound.
    And the silence is deafening.

Definitely an unsolved mystery and the case has gone cold. It's almost as though he never really existed in reality. But Chris, (Chralb) attended the same Big truck truck drivin' school with ORG and confirms ORG's existence.

When it came to top-notch posters, OpenRoadGuy was among the best I've ever encountered in the 10-plus years I've been haunting Big truck related websites, making his disappearance even harder to fathom. I think I can speak for the others when I say I hope ORG is doin' well, --- whatever he's doin' now-a-daze. And It sure would be swell if he'd pop in sometime to tell us all is well. It's hard not to imagine the worst. That man had the gift to communicate in a most interesting way. His absence leaves an empty spot in our hearts and mind that only he can fill. To date, nobody has been able to fill his shoes. Even though it's a loss for us, I think we're all thankful that we had the opportunity to know him for the short time he was with us. No doubt his spirit still remains, and probably will for a long time to come.

ThanX OpenRoadGuy. :salute::salute::salute:
    It's been a privilege knowin' you.

sammycat and 123456 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.