I'm going with Swift!!!

Discussion in 'Swift' started by OpenRoadGuy, Aug 13, 2010.

1. gambiasurfgirl

gambiasurfgirl Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2012
    I read his first thread all day, i didn't even eat ,it was so informative and helped me so much with making my decision to get my cdl.
    I just wondered if CHRIS might have contact with ORG,they are freinds.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DocFrank

DocFrank Light Load Member

Apr 27, 2012
    San Antonio TX
    My wife also has MS and she's from Wales but she has two daughters here in San Antonio so I know she'll have all the help she needs.
    I stocked up on everything she needs for at least three months and she has a small dog Dan for company. The good thing in these modern times is I can keep in touch with her via cell phone and internet so she'll feel like she's part of the experience.
    The Welsh are tough people plus she was a nurse before we married and I was a therapist caring for terminally ill people so she has already gotten used to the "on call 24/7" lifestyle. She's put up with me for 15 years (both our second marriage) so we can do this too.
    I'm going to Swift also. Start Orientation in Laredo tomorrow so we'll see.
    Good luck to you! Maybe we'll meet out there. For such a big Road it's a small world.

4. DocFrank

Apr 27, 2012
    San Antonio TX
    I just found this thread and it's turning out to be a real cliff hanger. You guys are really great and I am truly impressed. I'll have to look at his other thread when I can but I'm off to Swift O in the morning.
    I can't sleep.

5. DocFrank

Apr 27, 2012
    San Antonio TX
    Yea for you good job! I'm looking forward to reading more of your exploits. I'll be posting mine over at DocFrank on the newbie channel.

6. DocFrank

Apr 27, 2012
    San Antonio TX
    The recruiter I talked to was Riley Branch and he was a good guy. Helped me over some problems (unique situation) I had and smoothed the way for me. Nice guy!

7. DocFrank

Apr 27, 2012
    San Antonio TX
    What's with the blank post Numbers?

8. DocFrank

Apr 27, 2012
    San Antonio TX
    PAM runs autos.

9. DocFrank

Apr 27, 2012
    San Antonio TX
    Well, I just read through the entire thread and the only thing I have to say is that everyone, Chris Sammycat, and all of you are the greatest most loyal folks I have ever seen.
    I would love to find out what happened to ORG. It's like a missing tooth. You know it's gone but you can't help sticking your tongue into the empty space to see if maybe it was all a bad dream and the tooth really was there all along.
    Ah well it's 1 am and I have to drive to Laredo tomorrow so perhaps we'll meet again in some happier place or greasy spoon truck stop.
    Just remember one thing, wherever you go, whatever you do Don't let the Minahunees get you.

sammycat Thanks this.
  10. sammycat

sammycat "Oldest Hijackerette"

Apr 11, 2010
    Rochester, NY

hey DocFrank
    Thanks for the kudos!
    I along with many others would also like to know what ever happened to ORG- unfortunately it may remain one of life's great mysteries............

11. DocFrank

Apr 27, 2012
    San Antonio TX
    You're more than welcome Sammy C. I really enjoyed his thread.I'm writing about my own odyssey into the world of transportation (Beam me up to a job Please!) If you're interested it's at "Howdy from a newbie" over at the welcome wagon. I really hope ORG is alright. And it would be nice to hear from y'all.
    Warning though, two days and I get placed with a mentor and have the feeling that things are going to be Very Busy for awhile, like maybe 6 weeks or 240 hours whichever comes first. If you have a thread of your own I'll post you there with results in case I have prolonged periods unable to put much on mine.
    Thanks for the kind response.

sammycat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.