I'm taking the L/P plunge

Discussion in 'Swift' started by NoBluffBuff, May 16, 2013.

1. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    That statement says if you run 3,000 miles as a company driver you would make the same money. Still have to take tax out of that 1400. Some people are so gullible. Yep you paying for somebodies truck and loving it. Good for you hard worker :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wolfyinc

Wolfyinc Road Train Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Salem, or
    he is still making more than a company driver....plus he has his own truck to do whatever he wants, the top company drivers are making what 37cpm? for a none dedicated that is which would come out to $1110 plus he is stacking away a decent maintenance account.
    A driver that has driven 1 year might be at around 32cpm? thats $960...

4. Rex012

Rex012 Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Haters gonna hate.... Bet he makes a better check than you at jbs with those front facing cameras... at 33 cpm

5. Dinomite

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    He can't do whatever he wants. Let him get into an accident, and see how fast swift takes the truck back. Along with everything he had in a maintenance account. Why don't you ask him to post the home time settlements. Swift get's their money first. You get whats left over. When you having a good week or month its all good. But when their's a cloud over you. You will be wishing for a company driver check. Like I said whatever floats your boat, but the sad part is people actually think they are in the big time. But hey don't let me wake you up from your slumber. Eat drink and be merry my friend ;)

6. Dinomite

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    Rex check my Years of experience compadre. I can't remember the year I made 33cpm :)

7. Rex012

Rex012 Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2014
    If you know how to work the system you'll get miles 90% of the time. Swift has so many freight lanes it's crazy. 2 he just posted he was going to a vacation soon.... you only need like 1200 to break even with good fuel economy. But you wouldn't know you work for jbs. A driver that sits a lot more than they run, get detention after 3 hrs, and have so.much micromanagement. It's alright. Too each their own

8. Rex012

Rex012 Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Wow you make 40 cents only like 2 cents more than a company driver at tier 1 for swift... without the added benefit of choosing your freight lanes if you're platinum driver. I'm happy where I'm at :) and I'm pretty sure alot of other swiftys are too.

Dinomite Thanks this.
  9. Dinomite

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    Slow your roll Rex. I ain't hating on the player. I'm hating on the game. But as you see with all these companies who lease purchase these trucks. There's a player ready to be played each and every day. I'm just letting those who don't realize he has to take out tax not fall for the big numbers. So they don't get played. Some can make it work and some don't. Just know what you are getting into.

I have driven over 16 years I don't need 3000 miles a week I do just fine with 2500 @. 40cpm. I have been at JBS for over 4 years and I can count the number of times on one hand I put in for detention. As for micromanagement again 4 years and I don't know the people's names in the office or in safety. Do your job and you have no issue's. Also the detention starts a 4 hrs but maybe they changed it. I don't know. Oh ya the 60 bucks a week for the family insurance, and the close to 2,000 plus I get for vacation makes up for all the short comings. As you say my friend. To each their own. Enjoy your night Amigo.

10. Rex012

Rex012 Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2014
    2500 x .40= 1000 after taxes 750 or so. Cased closed you make less than this lease operator on an average week. Just another typical driver that thinks a swift drivers make 200 bucks a week.... poor fella 16 yrs of experience and making 700 a week now that's BAD.

11. Dinomite

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    Wow you really do kill a brother in taxes. Glad you aren't uncle sam. Really I wouldn't know how much a swift driver makes. Don't know their pay scale or anything. I do what I do for the love not bucks my friend. If you can last a few years out here. You will stop chasing dollar signs and enjoy your job, but I have been where you are my friend. So I can't knock it, but maybe the good lord will bring this conversation back into remembrance in the years to come. Glad you enjoy your gig my friend. Have a good night.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.