Impossible dispatch?

Discussion in 'Interstate' started by Palazon, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Palazon

Palazon Road Train Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    No, IDC was bought out by Saltchuck a couple years ago.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Paloma

Paloma Medium Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Portland, Oregon
    Wow ... Ya pull that out of yer Arse? Think again .. If the Driver gets caught for running illegal or any other Log book violation .. The Authority (that would be the company) gets tagged with CSA points as well.

Now, what would be the point of a Company putting themselves out of business?

The problem is generally lack of training from Dispatchers and Planners, as they are on tight schedules .. And many times the Drivers as well.

I am an Owner/Op .. NOT in the Office.

4. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Zeke Unlimited = https://ai.fmcsa.dot.gov/sms/Data/carrier.aspx?enc=mWHhvvdDa/tdgP/yX9LfYQ==
    Owner is the dispatcher. I know cause I made the mistake of driving for this idiot for three weeks.

Brian's = https://ai.fmcsa.dot.gov/sms/Data/carrier.aspx?enc=+BgYmUgmhW63Inmnl608MQ==
    A well known thief and scoundrel in my very own home town. Also can't be trusted to do even the simplest auto maintenance in his "shop", and will rob you blind if you let him. Stays in business by running his drivers ragged and stealing their pay because he has "child support to pay".

NBS = https://ai.fmcsa.dot.gov/sms/Data/carrier.aspx?enc=8A0Rj+OTFmwh1s547SFsdg==
    There's an "Hours of Service" and a "Vehicle Maintenance" score set that should make your underoos dark and stinky

Ed Roberts = https://ai.fmcsa.dot.gov/sms/Data/carrier.aspx?enc=KvIpuhTHgR1eGdXWGsq5Wg==
    Used to be "Brother's Truck Lines" until his previous CSA got his idiotic self shut down. Reorganized, kept the same drivers. You can see the effect. Worked for him for a week. Scary stuff.

Tell me again how companies won't risk their scores? Just for the sake of making a few extra dollars? Bearing in mind I know three of these idiots personally, and drove for two of them out of sheer desperation.

5. Paloma

May 15, 2012
    Portland, Oregon
    So you think all Trucking Companies run illegal? You are quoting (links didn't work) small illegal operations. You really think all trucking companies run corrupt?

Wow ..

6. Paloma

May 15, 2012
    Portland, Oregon
    I run 100% legal .. Perfect Log Books.

7. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Experience shows that most if not all trucking companies are willing to chance their driver's safety and records in the name of profit. The bigger outfits are just better at hiding it than the smaller ones.

Remember, safety stops at the dispatcher's door. But what do I know, I've only been involved in this industry since '98.

8. Paloma

May 15, 2012
    Portland, Oregon

But from yer earlier posts, you only been involved with Shady and Illegal companies. I don't care how long ya been Trucking ... Yer profile says EX-10 years.

Safety Starts and Stops at the DRIVER and no one else.

Personally, I don't believe yer a Truck driver ..

9. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    apparently they have the wrong parameters plugged into their mapping system
    Transam plans loads at 52 mph
    so my 68 mph truck is always on time

10. Charli Girl

Charli Girl Road Train Member

Mar 23, 2013
    Houston,Tx
    Oh boy,this isn't going to end well,so I'm outta here:biggrin_25521:

11. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Believe what you wish. I know where I've been, who I've driven for, and what I've experienced. And I have nothing to prove.

You believe that companies will not risk their scores for the sake of profit. Tell me, why was CSA implemented in the first place? Or HOS and FMCSA Regulations? Could it have been due to companies being willing to risk drivers' lives for the sake of profit?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.