Improve anti theft question

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by dreamer2020, Sep 7, 2020.

1. dreamer2020

dreamer2020 Bobtail Member

Sep 7, 2020
    This idea is for activating a sound, light or what ever mod of making the theft process visible.
    In my case it is a double access process, complet independent one from the other, and the sum of two validate the start/use/run car/truck or any motor vehicule. The communication between the two boards is 128 bits encrypted. Trying to sniff the communication between the two boards and décrypte it, does not help, as you must know the code for the second board to make the system ON. The second board needs a 10 bits code to validate the system. Hard number to get.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    I think encryption and obfuscated systems is far beyond the needs of most people aside from secret agents.

Snailexpress and dreamer2020 Thank this.
  4. dreamer2020

Sep 7, 2020
    Tb0n3, the encryption and the complexity of the system is not to protect an Wells Fargo truck.
    It is for insurance. When i have the working prototype 150% tested, i want to present it to insurance companies.
    The underwriters will evaluate and based on the complexity of the system, maybe will decide to endorse it. It is like UL approval for electrical product. Then having the approval of the insurance companies, i will try to sell it to rental car agencies, car dealers or maybe one car or truck manufacturer to incorporate it on the standard cars. This is my goal. All the modern new cars have GPS and Satelite monitoring, and beside the location tracking, they can shut it off.
    But the police and minister of transportation are against of shutting the engine of a moving car due to the risk of an accident. Also, the thief of the luxury cars or valuables trucks knows how to disable the GPS and satelite link. Mine is simple; unless you tow it it cannot move.
    Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentley and the rest, have protection against towing, but Ford, GM and Chrysler, make cars for regular peoples in mass quantities. There you need a cheap and reliable system.

5. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia

Some of my vintage farm tractors I still pull the coil wire to keep kids from getting hurt. Many old tractors never used a key, just a push pull switch.....

6. OLDSKOOLERnWV

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    No, not any spark plugs on a modern diesel. But there was a time when spark plugs were common in a diesel farm tractor....

jamespmack and dreamer2020 Thank this.
  7. OLDSKOOLERnWV

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    Imagine if you will, a internal combustion engine that has neither spark plugs nor injectors. No battery, no electrical source at all, and no fuel injection, reckon that could deter a thief...? :) And yes I own such a engine.....

jamespmack and dreamer2020 Thank this.
  8. dreamer2020

Sep 7, 2020
    I believe such engine is out of the subject of the discussion.
    I start this discussion as i am just the electronic guy, with no knowledge what so ever on cars/trucks.
    My original idea was to get some feedback from the peoples which knows mechanics, how to implement the system.
    Then, the more we went deep on subject, i realized that they are hundreds of options to implement the system in a car/truck. Each particular engine/manufacturer/model has one or few option to use my system. This made me to decide that i will not present the system to a particular car manufacturer or model. I just present a system which can stop the engine to start/run.
    Where is implemented, depend on user decision as he/she knows better the car/truck.
    Will be an electronic device which has a "relay" with a Normal Open contact.
    The user cut whatever wire wants and pass it through the "Relay" contacts.
    At start he must enter the two code to start/run the engine.
    It is user decision where the system will be implemented.

OLDSKOOLERnWV Thanks this.
  9. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    Such algorithm will only create problem for dumb truck driver who can't memorize two codes. The thief will bypass your magic open contact with wires.
    If you know about truck electric/electronic system nothing don't try to invent wheel

OLDSKOOLERnWV and dreamer2020 Thank this.
  10. OLDSKOOLERnWV

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia

Historical humor....

jamespmack Thanks this.
  11. dreamer2020

Sep 7, 2020
    Thank you Snailexpress for suggestion and "help".
    Unfortunately for the guy which will try to steal my Acura, he cannot start it.
    I put the Safety Relay after starter relay. The safety relay it is hidden inside of the car , hard to find unless you take the complete dashboard apart. As the starter is mounted under battery it take more than 30 minutes to an expert mechanic to take it out. It is no way to bypass and provide 12 volts power to the starter solenoid.
    Related to numbers, all you have to remember is the a 6 - SIX digit code, aka USER CODE.
    Millions of peoples remembers the bank code, so why not a start code. The other 10 digits code is stored in a media which is read by the processor in the car. Something like a USB,
    SIM card, RFID card, personal Phone and so on.
    If he lost the media with the second code, he must enter a master code which is written somewhere on a piece of paper, or even on his phone under a dummy contat like:
    Mark (789) 4459 168 cellular number.
    If he knows how to drive a truck which is a very complicated job, then he must have the responsibility to remember the procedure as any other function of the truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.