In a bind what should i do

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by ao2005, Nov 13, 2009.

1. ao2005

ao2005 Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Beaverton, MI
    Yeah all i want to do like i said is get my foot in the door. I dont see how paying $5k-$6,500 for private schooling(even community colleges around here want $5,000) so why not go to swift and let them pay for it. Maybe i can call and ask them how it would work out cause ill be 23 feb. 7th.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IUFAN87

IUFAN87 Light Load Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    You might try going through Driver Solutions. They recruit for USA and PAM mainly. You would probably go to C1 driving school in Fort Wayne, IN. You just have to contract to drive for one of the companies and you pay for a fraction of the training through payroll deduction over a year period.

4. ao2005

ao2005 Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Beaverton, MI
    I thought i read that driver solutions was a bad school. did you go there?

5. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    My teachers are third party testers for the state of TN. Some of the 3 week guys can't shift, (not enough time in the truck?) can't parallel park.

Driver Solutions if they will take you go for it. I think you have a guaranteed a job with USA or PAM.

Can't do our school unless you have been here a year. I know the lotto can pay approximately $600 of it.

6. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest
    hmmmm I was told by the school here in Phoenix that they've stopped reimbursing for tuition from other schools so I'd sure check that out before counting on it.

Also, yes Swift does hire from other schools, when I was in my orientation after schooling there were 3 people hired from a local school. There were about 60 from two classes of Swift Academy.

I'm also currently told by the recruiters that they're only taking AZ students at the phoenix school and only hiring from the academy currently.

Things do vary terminal to terminal and between academies.

7. rubbergearsnextyear

rubbergearsnextyear Heavy Load Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Lexington, SC
    Just stating my experience is all. They may have changed that policy but I was getting reimbursed every month 1st paycheck of every month the entire time I was with them until recently. I do know hiring was cut back significantly out east.

Not trying to recruit for em' by any means but I don't have a hatred for them and try to give the best info I can from my experience with them. They were fair with me most of the time. I just got tired of running the dirty side all the time so I'm going to go somewhere where that won't be an issue any longer lol.

Texas-Nana Thanks this.
  8. ao2005

ao2005 Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Beaverton, MI
    the only other problem i have is transportation to and from that schools. It wasnt a problem until my tranny went out in my duramax pickup. So with no job i dont have the $1k to put into it.

9. ao2005

ao2005 Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Beaverton, MI
    looks like im out of the hiring area for Driver solutions

10. pxpx

pxpx Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2009
    crestline, ohio
    i got $ from ohio to go to school and i'll say it took FOREVER! keep tryin and something may come out

ao2005 Thanks this.
  11. ao2005

ao2005 Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Beaverton, MI
    thanks its like the old saying if you want something bad enough it will come so im trying.

Texas-Nana Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.