In-cab cameras?

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by skipgears, Sep 19, 2020.

1. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    WEL in Wisconsin has Cameras, they claimed they could only be viewed after an “incident”. Anyway, some HR #####es decided they wanted to “get back at some drivers” so they copied and posted some clips of drivers in the nude, on top of their significant other, jerking off, etc etc. I think the settlements were quite substantial.

MACK E-6 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Canadianhauler21

Canadianhauler21 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2017
    Yikes. I've always known it was ######## from the start that they only see incidents. The second they tell me about something I did I'm out.

skipgears and Tb0n3 Thank this.
  4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I hope so. None of those people have any business being in a management position ever again. :biggrin_25511: :biggrin_25510:

5. Elroythekid

Elroythekid Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    My company started making noises about in cab cameras almost 2 years ago. I told the manager when he starts making my payments, he can do as he likes. Until then, it will be decals off, before a camera ever goes in.
    Haven't heard a word since.

6. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    The "safety lady" is just a typical voyeur. Would she like a camera on her all day while she's scratching her itch? I think companies would sell footage..a truck crash of drivers final moments of life ,,that type of thing.

Canadianhauler21 and Elroythekid Thank this.
  7. Blue Zombie Trucker

Blue Zombie Trucker Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2017
    I've worked for 7 companies, OTR for 4, and I've yet to have a driver facing camera on me. Some trucks had them installed, but they were disabled and covered. (USA)

skipgears and Elroythekid Thank this.
  8. Canadianhauler21

Canadianhauler21 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2017
    They have been making a big deal about it lately, told the owner if he can't trust me driving his truck I don't want to work there. His reply was "if you have nothing to hide then why do you mind"? Told him why do you want to see me scratch my balls while I'm driving? He said just cover it, scratch and then uncover it.

Leaving the company at the end of the month. Will never work here again.

9. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    I would cover it and see how they respond. They might fire you but then you could file wrongful dismissal as you never agreed to camera. They would also have had to give you 3 written warnings. Depends on the labor board office in your area,,,I’m in NW Ontario but went through Winnipeg Labour Canada. Employee there was a real go getter, did not take no for a answer.
    All this hardly worth the aggravation unless you’re a stubborn old SOB like myself. I’ve filed wrongful dismissal once and won, it was quick, painless and profitable, another employer gave me immediate cash settlement to not file.

Canadianhauler21 Thanks this.
  10. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Thought this post was going in a completely different direction for a second lmfao.

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  11. Ol'Shusquatch

Ol'Shusquatch Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2019
    BC Interior
    Every truck needs a good place to hang a hat up off the floor high and dry. Anyhow just not hungry enough for that crap anyway.

Canadianhauler21 and '88K100 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.