In Cab Cameras

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by shogun, Mar 7, 2018.

1. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    I hope for the driver’s sake they don’t. The way that the president of lytx is pushing it and raving about its capabilities, he can wave pseudo savings in front of management using words like “coaching tools” and probably sway them.

Triumph 1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    It's not like they don't have drivers bailing now...if that happens i bet many say...bye!

Triumph 1 Thanks this.
  4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    One thing I've been saying is this..if you as co can't trust who you're hiring, maybe you should rethink your hiring standards

5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    The driver bio medical belt and helmet are what's needed to increase safety. Will lower costs too. No need for physicals now, just take the readings while driving and in the sleeper .

Ooooops, unfortunately driver, bio med says you're going to have to get on CPAP, please route to terminal.

6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i wonder if anyone contacted a class action suit law firm/attorney regarding this. invasion of privacy and/or civil rights infringements? can a driver (at rest) take his meds (like for a cold) and that be misconstrued as doping? or drinking alcoholic beverages?

i am no longer a member of OOIDA, has anyone contacted them regarding this issue as well?

smokey12 Thanks this.
  7. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Here is something interesting..if you "live in the truck" its a different issue, this issue will be ongoing..I can see a real issue with female drivers also. They want to talk about a trucker shortage..they will have it

://petitions.moveon.org/sign/inward-facing-cameras

8. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    My camera comes on when I power down the truck and it stays in, therefore the truck just idles..

9. Triumph 1

Triumph 1 Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2014
    Been doin good all these years without a spy camera ,
    I wont be working for them

shogun Thanks this.
  10. easytopleez33

easytopleez33 Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2015
    That's exactly right!!
    Insurance dictates this industry.
    Had a quote from a Progressive Agent the other day, and he asked if we used ELOGs. I said yes. He said "great we offer up to an 18% break for Carriers that run ELOG's."
    Are you kidding me!! No wonder these outfits retrofit all this gadgetry to comply with Insurance Standards so they can get a cheaper rate.
    Who cares if it inconveniences the driver. What a load of HogWash..

Oxbow and Steel Dragon Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.