In Cab Cameras

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by shogun, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Danny Herman Trucking.
    Best lanes anywhere.
    Intelligent dispatch.
    No safety harassment.
    No cameras.
    Great people!

BigHossVolvo and smokey12 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    I drove for Ashley Furniture, running up to 15 stops per load. We had one of the highest safety scores in the nation, even though we were on paper logs back then. How were we all not dead from fiery crashes? No cameras, no vorad braking systems, liberal log book policies, running 25-3000 miles a week with up to 25-30 stops a week. It’s almost as if they hired safe competent drivers who appreciated a high paying job. Either that or I am lucky to be alive.

4. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Do you get tired of running the same route? I10 to Calexico and back etc. Do you get any runs to the northwest? What is cpm and attainable bonuses?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2018
    Reason for edit: fixed quote
  5. truckguy391

truckguy391 Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Around
    The morning I go to my truck and find that an inward camera has been installed is the day I turn the keys in. All they do is encourage desk jockeys to tell us how they think we should drive. Outward facing cameras show plenty. Maybe these inward cameras are contributing to the “driver shortage.” If more drivers would stand up and show they’re not going to drive with these things, maybe they’ll stop putting them in. Like I said “maybe” but that’s probably wishful thinking seeing as insurance discounts and bottom line matter more than us drivers.

Aamcotrans Thanks this.
  6. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Odd that folks that do not work here keep telling us how it is to work here.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  7. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    No one really made any comment on how it is to work for WalMart. I certainly wouldn’t know. I was just posting an article that came out this week about them and other large carriers signing up with Lytx, and the disturbing and overwhelming trend Lytx shows about customers using both inward and outward cameras.
    Maybe inward cameras are awesome. I will not find out.

Dixiegypsy, Triumph 1 and Steel Dragon Thank this.
  8. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Neither will we. Ours have a cover on them, or the drivers put one.

The trend is driver facing is going away. But they do not wish to admit that.

9. Voyager55

Voyager55 Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2018
    Well, just in case there were ANY of you drivers left out there, trying to convince yourselves that this is still a great job, making plenty of money, with a wonderful company....they just showed you what they really think of you. Glad I,m no longer part of the sickness, I feel a lot better about myself!

foggy Thanks this.
  10. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I will be happy to have a driver facing camera installed in my company truck at the same time:
    1. I am being paid by the hour at a rate commensurate with my experience and record ($35+ per), and appropriate benefit package to match (full health care coverage, retirement 401K, 4-6 weeks vacation etc.
    2. Am limited to working 8 hours 5 days per week(and 2 full days off) like the rest of the valued employees in your organization.
    3. And because you are clearly a safety conscious organization you will make sure that I am given a motel room at a Holiday Inn Express or equivalent so I can get the restorative sleep the DOT is so adamant I receive. And a per diem expense account of $60 for incidentals.
    4. New or nearly new equipment to operate.
    Fair enough?

11. Triumph 1

Triumph 1 Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2014
    I have been working out of the la. Area & have thought we should get paid hourly
    For awhile ,
    Youll never see an 8 hour workday in the la area ; more like 12 to 14

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.