In-N-Out Burger.

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by joseph1135, Jul 13, 2012.

1. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    I went to Five Guys about a year ago and it was awful. But just because you posted this I went there today for lunch, and it still was not good. The meat was incredibly bland, the fries were not crispy, and they had way too much salt on them. And their prices are insanely high.

So now I'm completely done with Five Guys.

Vampire, Dna Mach, tommymonza and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    As a former Californian that's been living on the NM/TX stateline for nearly a decade, I've crossed over to the Whataburger side. In'N'Out is tasty, but I like the options at Whataburger. Roswell, Lubbock, Amarillo, they're all equidistant from Clovis.

Now those lines at the ones that recently opened up in Colorado? That's another sure sign for me to forego that area. Talk about cult worship.

4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    In n out is the worst most Satanic place in North America.

5. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Espressolane and RockinChair Thank this.
  6. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    Sadly, the closest Blake's are also both a hundred miles away from Clovis. Either head out to Tucumcari, or again, down to Roswell for those. But then I go to Roswell, they've got everything down there!! Even Panda Express and a Targete'!!

7. dunchues

dunchues Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2012
    new brunswick
    No one's mentioned the Habit ?
    I couldn't live farther from an in n out location but for me they're no 1, although the Habit is right up there.

8. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    We used to have Mr Fables in Michigan back in the day. Best dang olive burger and fries out there.

My dad used to own and run his drive in restaurant back in the 50s and was super picky about his burgers and hand cut fries and my mother’s secret cole slaw recipe .

He said only Fables did it right other than him.

Anyways roll towards the 60s and my dad had a window washing business and did like 5 of the Mr Fables in town.

I helped my dad by washing all the windows with the sponge and cleaning the water off the seats while he did all the squeegeeing.

My pay as a 6 year old kid was a double Mr Fabulous with extra olives and a large fry and malt.

They all went out of business about 20 years ago but there is the Filling Station on Alpine Ave in Grand Rapids Michigan that still makes a Mr Fabulous.

Best #### burger short of me making one with ground round and lightly grilled Martin buns.

TokyoJoe and dunchues Thank this.
  9. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Blake’s is good. They do actually cook everything to order. The food gets to you hot, sometimes too hot. At first, the prices seem a bit high for a burger place. You get your money’s worth.

buzzarddriver Thanks this.
  10. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    Like nothing special about these burgers in any way, nothing.

Goldenfan Thanks this.
  11. PureLeafTea

PureLeafTea Light Load Member

Mar 21, 2013
    100% overrated. I don’t understand the obsession. Maybe you guys are used to McDonald’s. I finally tried my first In and Out and was not that impressed. Only thing kind of interesting and cool was the weird way everyone dressed. It was like walking back into the 50s or something. And employees all over the place! I can’t believe they have that many. Literally 7 people standing around doing fries. I couldn’t believe it.

alds, Goldenfan and bentstrider83 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.