In over my head... Help?

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by xkenneyx, Apr 18, 2013.

1. GWG

GWG Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Hello Lady K, please do tell....what has been bad and what has been good? I too am interested in Central. I just got off phone with a recruiter and have exchanged 10 emails today. So, please, give us the inside scoop!!!
    Thanks much and very much appreicate it. Be safe!

G MAN

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Our story began 12/2010... HERE is the link if you want the LONG version... The short version is the usual... Miles, DMs, communication and being away from home. We're luckier than some, because we have our partner with us...but that training time when we were apart was (censored word here)!! Inside scoop... Central isn't a bad company IMO, but then we have worked through our issues. I would recommend them as a started company without a problem, but I would also recommend you read everything BEFORE you sign it and UNDERSTAND what you are agreeing to!! Any questions, feel free to ask... There is also another thread HERE that would be a good place to read and ask questions. Good luck to you :D

4. GWG

GWG Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Thanks Lady K. That second link has 355 pages, I cant read thru all of them! Can you answer a few questions?
    Miles, do you get decent miles? Is Fontana an okay place? Was your OTR training more than 28 days?
    DM's, overall how are they? Do they pay on time, all pay earned?
    Can you take the truck home? Do they slip seat? Do they pay all miles, empty and loaded? Is the equip decent? Have you ever been charged for fuel for over idling? Recruiter said today that it is 30%, and over that the driver is charged for the fuel. True?
    As a company driver, are you signing your life away? What are you refering to when you say: " but I would also recommend you read everything BEFORE you sign it and UNDERSTAND what you are agreeing to!!"
    I could go on, but lets start with that. I have pre-hires from May, Schneider, Swift, and Central so far. Looking into Gordon and others, so any real info you can share will help sway/make my decision easier. Thanks.
    G MAN

5. Saddletramp1200

Saddletramp1200 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Houston Texas,USA
    Welcome. Trucking can be the most fun you have ever had, or the scariest thing ever happened to you. It's all how you look at it. Either way I wish you luck, & if you want to know something, just ask.

6. Klatu

Klatu Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Argyle, TX
    "You Know"? I was going over the Bay Bridge on Hwy 10. This Ole boy came over the radio. He could sing just like Johnny Cash. You could hear a needle drop. Another driver said if you can sing this other song, "I know who you are". He did it. You could hear a needle drop. It was good.
    What I'm saying is this was his second job. He was in a band too. Don't sweat it just do it. Don't try to play your guitar while driving. :biggrin_2556:

7. GWG

GWG Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Thanks. See above post.
    G MAN

8. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

LOL... Just a few questions :) I'll try to answer a few of them...

Miles.. Now yes.. 4970/week..
    Fontana.. I survived ;)
    Training.. Nope, but we ran hard and many miles.. My trainer was a good one, hubby's not so good so your mileage may vary.
    DM's.. They are people too... Most good, some not so good. BUT if after giving one a fair try, you can 'fire' the one you have problems with and go to another... We are on our third.
    Pay.. If you get your paperwork in, yes they pay on time. Still review your settlement because, yes sometime things are missed. Call them and let them know and they will fix it. At least they have with us.
    Truck.. If you live close to a terminal, I think they want you to park it there and take your car home... We lease though, so we park in our driveway. Slipseat..I don't think so..
    Idling.. Our truck has the ICON but yes they will charge you, but not sure of the particulars there... We never were charged, but as a team we don't sit as much.
    Reading.. I have read several threads where people whine about "they charged me for this, and they wanted me to do that!!" Well yes, and you signed a paper saying they would... Why be surprised?? That's all... Nothing bad.

xkenneyx Thanks this.
  9. GWG

GWG Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Awesome thanks mucho. I like them so far.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I can't find anything about Central Refrigerated being sued. Everything I find about Central is very positive.

Many articles about CR England being sued by OOIDA on behalf of 0/0's & L/O's though.

11. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

There are two that I know of... One is older, a trainee accusing a trainer of sexual something or other. The other is saying that the 'contractors' should actually be considered 'employee's'. That one is still on going. Those are the only ones I KNOW of... There might be others.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.