In training, had an accident :(

Discussion in 'Swift' started by arkanstigers, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Roberts450

Roberts450 Road Train Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Not to beat the op up anymore but isnt this the "proper" way to finish swift training with knowing how to fill out an accident reports??

And to the op like everyone has said. Just learn from it and move forward. Its in the past so not point dwelling over what shoulda happened different.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Swift will call it a preventable crash not an incident. You will get 6 points on Swift's internal risk analysis and you/Swift will get CSA points all of which will disappear in 3 years. They will also require you to take a LCQT (local close quarters training) class which can be done at the same time you do your road test to upgrade to solo. It will involve tight backing and maneuvering; remember to always be steering your trailer and GOAL more than you think you need to.

What happened to you is a big and bad deal but you seem to understand that which is far more than most of the drivers who run over things seem to be able to comprehend. Understand you are not being required to do anything thousands if not millions of drivers have done before you. Continue to be careful and focused and you'll be fine. Swift will not fire you over this.

Frank

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
  5. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    He's not ...

A21CAV Thanks this.
  6. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Why not?

7. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Cause he is not gonna add anything else that hasnt been said already.

A21CAV Thanks this.
  8. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Actually he can. Obviously you all don't know why!

9. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    I feel bad for you driver, tough way to start out. Use it as a lesson learned and never forget it.

I've seen quite a few front ends torn off in truck stops already in my short time out here. Last one was a Prime trainee with his trainer sitting next to him.

You can learn something else from this also, as I have.... Be very selective of where you park your truck...example, I'll never park in a end spot even if it's the last spot. Always think about the best spot that will protect your tractor...My favorites are back corners where I'll have a curb on one side and a truck on the other..essentially protecting an entire side of my truck.

I could care less how far I have to walk or how inconvenient the spot is...for me protecting my truck comes first...it is the tool I use for my livelihood.

I also look to park next to the drivers who take pride in their rides and try to stay away from the mega carrier trucks...

Good luck, be confident you'll never do it again and become a professional driver.

10. Andy7317

Andy7317 Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Swift and the driver WILL NOT get any points on their CSA score for this. This is not a DOT reportable so why would they get CSA points? It's a pretty minor fender bender based on what the OP is saying. Could be more based on what is damaged on the hood and light assembly area. OP - I know it sucks to have an accident. If it's as minor as you say don't beat yourself up over it too much. I am sure you learned to watch your trailer off-tracking until you know you have cleared your obstacle. Apply that to all turns and this won't happen again. Good luck in your career change and future driving.

11. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Actually he's pretty clueless ...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.