In training with Central... check this out..

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by CrewseMissle, Feb 1, 2007.

1. crazyclown101

crazyclown101 Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2007
    maryland
    u work for central ref. ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Drive-a-Mack

Drive-a-Mack Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Eugene, OR via Lincoln, NE
    ..wow, this thread died over 2 years ago & we never did hear what happened to crewesmissile, never did say if he finished school or even got his CDL... maybe they (CRF) dis-armed him?! :biggrin_25523:

4. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Yeah, it happens a lot, I've noticed. We get their posts from quitting their last job to re-searching companies to getting accepted at a company to going through orientation to critiquing everything, then bamm, they drop off the planet. I think what happens is they get a taste of reality and go home and can't face the world anymore and hang their heads in shame.:biggrin_25518:

5. utahhomesick

utahhomesick Bobtail Member

May 25, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV
    My significant other works for Central. Don't count on earning the big money starting out please or you will be disappointed. There are many times he sits for two or three days without anything. Yes they do have new trucks, but with all the schools they have and all the students they have graduating; the trucks get gobbled up by new lease/operators. Don't believe everything they tell you in the school. Another thing, they are going to lower the pay by a penny a mile starting in September. If you want to know more go to the thread "Central Refrigerated Truck Stop". Jess and JJ Ranch have been with Central awhile and they have the answers. They also Lease a truck through Central and the thread has answered every question honestly. Good Luck.

6. WDB1

WDB1 Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Lake City, Florida
    Hi,
    I'm new to this forum, and have never driven commercially before. I have been thinking of driving truck for a living for a while now and now that my work place has closed and I'm out of a job, I decided to check into trucking for real. I checked out Central and they seem really good. But, I live in Florida and would like to find something a little closer to home. I am over 50, but have a perfect driving record. Does anyone know of companies with schools similar to what Central has, that are in the north Florida area? Also, on Central's website, they talk about being able to go through their school with virtually no out of pocket expense. But, they don't mention the actual cost of the school. What is the going rate for someone to get a CDL, preferably with HazMat and tanker certifications? I ask because I know of openings near me for tanker drivers. I've always been a reliable employee.
    I am also familiar with large vehicles and have driven things like 26' moving vans towing a car hauler for distances of over 1,000 miles without issues. (if this is the wrong place to ask this, I apologize in advance)
    Bill

7. Vitointn

Vitointn Light Load Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Clarksville, TN
    Heck...for all we know they coulda just released him from the reefer box he'd become trapped in and forgotten about during his "initiation" with his trainer. :biggrin_2556:

8. wife-of-an-angel

wife-of-an-angel Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2009
    hickory,nc
    i am sorry you chose central you will be too they are nothing but liers and theifs. they said you will make 450. for the first 2 weeks right?? then 500. for the next 2 weeks NOPE lies you will make 425. and that is just they start you will start at .20 per mile and after you go on a truck you will wait for your truck for weeks and you might get paid for waiting. AND WHAT EVER YOU DO DONT LEASE PLZ TAKE THIS AS A WARNING!!!

9. TruckingStud

TruckingStud Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Riverside, CA
    hey all check out my blog i am doing a blog on my training with central its a great school just fast paced!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.